Believe's Credit Repair Thread

Believe

Hi,

Thanks CIC for being here!! The information on this site has helped me tremendously. I first learned of this site when I was sued by two bottom feeders during the same time!

I was a total wreck; I had no clue about credit repair, but knew what they were doing to me was not legal or at least I could fight and possibly win.

Upon hours of research on this site, I finally had my day in court (well a few days because both kept requesting continuances) and I won both cases!!

Anywho, I started on the journey of cleaning my credit. I immediately wrote letters disputing accounts. The older ones came off quickly, 4 in total. Surprisingly, one of the accounts, HSBC, who sold my account and their JDB sued me and lost, would not remove their account. They verified it each time I wrote a dispute. I couldn't believe it.

I mailed in the court documents were the case was dismissed and nothing, the account remains.

So to date: I have three negatives on my account that are reeking havoc on my FICO.

Judgment: May Company $850.00 (I will pay this) 5/2005

Collection: Calvary-Sprint $325.00 DOFD: 5/2003

Charge Off: HSBC 4, 524 DOFD: 4/2004

One Good Account:

CapOne: $500.00 ( I know this isn't the best, but I had to start somewhere) 1/2008

I just signed up for Equifax.com credit checks. I feel like I am wasting money, however, it calms my nerves to see my report all of the time during this clean up stage (I know it sounds psycho, but hey it takes one to know one).

My current Equifax FICO is 625=Poor :(

I am working to clean up my score to purchase a home, obtain student loans for an advanced degree, etc.

I have to work on my spending. I do have a habit of shopping out of depression. I am working on this!! I need a shopping patch, like the nicotine patch!! Old habits die hard, however, I really want and need a house ASAP, the taxes that we are being hit with are ridiculous. Not to mention, I consider rent to be a Four letter word!!!:evil:

Please offer advice, comments. All are appreciated!! Thanks for this site, it is gem and then some!!

I do have an habit of shopping out of depression. I am working on this!! I need a shopping patch, like the nicotine patch!! Old habits die hard, however, I really want and need a house ASAP

Although I am able to offer advice, you may want to bookmark the following URL. This story is remarkable and when you have an urge to shop - maybe it can be your "nicotine patch". Make the desire you have for your house stronger than your desire for something that is temporary.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?p=969979#post969979

I wish you luck in reaching your goal!

Thanks for the positive thread!!

In addition to cleaning up my finances, I want to clean up my eating habits, housekeeping, etc. I want to do a complete life overhaul. I am tired of being tired.

I will work on the collection and HSBC accounts first. I have not been here since January. I am rusty with my skills. I will read up to figure out how to go about attacking these two.

OK, so I jumped out there and applied for two credit cards. Now why would I do that?? Obviously, my unpaid judgment is a real show stopper. I wonder should I pay that off now?? I probably should. I wish I wasn't so ignorant about credit repair when I was being sued by the May company and as a result I received my "show stopper" for not showing up for my day in court. :roll:

Anyway, opposed to an instant credit approval, I received the we will contact you by mail in two weeks. I am so happy I did not apply for these cards in public :oops: talk about total embarrassment in public! The two cards that I applied for: Target and Crown.

I will let you all know the official answer in about a week or so.

You know whats funny I try and tell people about this site and they look at me like I am crazy, It is amazing how many people are brainwashed in the belief that there is no hope if you get bad credit. I have been reading on here since late of 03 and joinned last year. This is a good place to learn.

You know whats funny I try and tell people about this site and they look at me like I am crazy, It is amazing how many people are brainwashed in the belief that there is no hope if you get bad credit. I have been reading on here since late of 03 and joinned last year. This is a good place to learn.

I know. People do think that you are kind of a psycho when you start going on and on about CIC; how great it is and how much info you have learned. I think my friends thought I was lying when I was telling them that I was going to court to whip up on some creditors. Even my family looks at me strangely. I believe that so many people think they have to settle for less and be pushed around. I know I still have a lot to learn, but I am learning something every day.

I just want to continue to thank everyone for their posts, whether I agree with them or not, they make you think...until you have a breakthrough.

I was able to get approved for the Crown Jewelry account...big surprise here :rolleyes: However, I am happy to build any type of credit at this point. I am not in the zero down catorgory as of yet. Hopefully, this account will add something positive to my score. I will pay my bills on time and hopefully, remember to use this card every 4 months in order for it to remain open.

This is the weirdest account that I have ever had in my life! I never want credit so bad that I am just left with the bottom of the barrel credit cards anymore....

Until next time!!! xdancex

It's quite possible that May sold that judgment account to a JDB and that by getting the Crown account you have (through the "Collection Triggers" service or one of its competitors) awakened them.

You may have to deal with them sooner than you thought.

If it's possible that they will vacate rather than just satisfy the judgment upon payment (or will accede to your efforts to vacate it if you have paid them), you might have better success getting it off your reports early. Some states, however, use the exact same "vacate" nomenclature for both situations, and this makes it difficult to get a deletion when a judgment is vacated regardless of what type of state you're in. Nonetheless, a vacated judgment gives you a better argument that it should come off entirely.

Thanks for the advice! Knowledge is power!

I tried to give my girlfriend who is trying to purchase a home some advice on how to clear her credit. Once again I try to educate someone about their credit and they look at me like I just fell out of a tree naked. It is frustrating having knowledge and no one wanting to take heed. She and her hubby have a rack of negatives on their accounts. She is talking about paying them even though it sounds as if many of these accounts are over 5 years old.

One day they will not sit down and just let bad credit happen to them.

falling out of a tree naked lol that would be a sight to see.

I get the same response when I try to help a friend.

But since I helped a friend beat a couple CA's that were suing him my other friends are starting to listen more. I have won a dew but I have two judgments tat are driving me nuts right now. I won't give up though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I was approved for the target card. :D I was suprised that I was approved. Usually when I apply for cards online and I am told that I will receive a response by mail that usually means I have been denied. The credit limit for the card is $200 which can easily be blown in Target. I am happy none the less.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

OK, I have been away for a while...involved in attending school, starting a small business and raising a teenager....yikes!!!!! Well, as I am still in the process of cleaning my credit report....I only have 2 negatives left: the judgment and HSBC.

I have written to have HSBC removed from my credit reports for the past few years...with no success! I was sued over this account and won. I sent the courts decision to the credit bureaus with no success. They said that they could not remove the account from my credit reports.

Does anyone have any advice on how to remove HSBC from my accounts?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

It Just Keeps Getting Better....I just found out that I have a freakin TAX LIEN on me for some SHIGGIDY that is not even my fault!!!! It is from my laxed husband who hasn't gotton a grip on spending and responsibility!!!!!!!!! I am in the middle of cleaning my credit up. I was being good; opeining up credit accounts, paying them off on time waiting for HSBC to fall off so I can begin my home purchasing process. I am just surfing through the court pages and low and behold, I find where I have a lien against me. I am soooooo bummed!!! After all of my hard work. I had already submitted to the fact that I would probably have to purchase my home on just my income because my husband's credit is so bad, but now this just throws another wrench in my game!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooo sad, hurt, angry, depressed......

Just think, if it weren't for this new mishap, I would have a good credit report, because HSBC was due to fall of this year. Any encouraging words?

I am going to keep my head up and stop messing around with my hubby and his irresponsibility (I may be making up words at this point because my head is not thinking straight)

D-I-V-O-R-C-E????

I tried for 13 yrs to straighten out one man....failed miserably because you can ONLY affect change in yourself. I gave up and divorced the man. We are still "friends", but I never loan him money or help him with Credit issues.

Hindsight being 20/20, you should have been paying attn to the taxes yourself. (I do the taxes in my house!)

Since that time...years ago, I met, dated and ultimately married my current DH! We have separate ckg accts and one joint. Joint bills are paid from the joint acct and by auto deposit/debit so that there are NO lates! :) He pays his separate credit debts out of his ckg acct and I do the same.

Honestly, the major hit on our FICO's right now is UTIL. Mine because I use the CCs during layoffs. I have most of mine down to 40%, one is still at 90%, and they should be paid off by May. DH has a few extra dings and we are clearing those up....

My advice: if you stay married to this person, take responsibility for EVERYTHING that YOUR name is attached to. Let him sink on his own....never loan him $....and never help him (by co-signing or buying something for him on your credit). He will not learn otherwise, and the reality is that he might not ever learn.

I wish you the best. Even with this latest hit.....this too shall pass (and age....)