dovedescent7

Nco Portfolio Now?? Wtf??

Ok here goes.I disputed a listing on all three of my reports with the cra's from nco and it got deleted.It got deleted like three to four weeks ago.Today i get a letter from nco portfolio?I really didnt understand what the letter was for,but from what i understand,its like a privacy letter from them.I dont understand why i have to deal with nco portfolio when it was deleted..The letter wasnt asking me for anything...It just kindof explained that it was from nco PORTFOLIO that mentioned privacy...

What the heck is this?????

i guess what im wondering is can they put that back on my report now that its with nco PORTFOLIO and not the regular nco that i had who previously was collecting the debt?

Excellent question.

If it's the same tradeline would the DF be required to certify per the reinsertion clause in 1681s-2 ?

If the trade line was deleted, ignore the letter. Save it, but don't give it a lot of thought. As to your question?....they can do anything they want. They do it every day. Is it legal? No. Do they care? Hell no! They play their little games to irritate you and try to poison your credit score. The CRA's go along with it and allow it to happen because it's profitable.