tommy32

Recieved CR's in mail a lot of work ahead of me

Tommy - I have been with CIC for almost 2 months and will share how I started.........others who have been in credit repair longer will be able to share what has worked for them.

I got organized.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277579

Although when I first read this, I rolled my eyes because it was so basic. I decided if I was searching for help, that I would follow the suggestions and I am so glad I did - I now know that this is a critical step and cannot stress the importance of it.

I altered it a little to fit my needs.

For example:

I added a credit repair time-line (originally so I could see my progress; however, I use it to refer to rather than going back through paper work to verify dates, etc.).

I also made a list of negative items that needed attention (with a notation on how I would pursue correcting them - and adjust it as I learn more on credit repair).

I also took a good look on how I got into my situation and what could I have done to have prevented it. Hopefully self examination and recognizing my mistakes will prevent me from falling into a similar situation.

I don't know if this will help you get started - but I think you have to "have a plan and then work the plan" in order to accomplish your goals.

Wishing you success in all your endeavors.

Thanks for the advise, and I will def. keep everyone informed. I did the self exam, and boy was I twisted a few years ago, I really screwed myself on most of my credit.

None of my student loans are defaulted, CAME close but they are not defaulted. I consolidated them and great lakes has them now. I am in hardship deferment till this time next year. Should I not worry about them right now and go after the collections instead?

Another question..I have been disputing everything negative should I tone that down to a few at a time? would I get a better response?:confused:

SInce you're in deferment and no other issues, then yeah, I would concentrate on the collections right now.

As for disputing...I have always found that I am ok disputing everything at once and seperately (one letter per dispute). If you put everything in one letter, you give CRAs an excuse that they misread or something. Yeah, CMRRR that many items can be expensives, so do what you can afford.

Thanks for the advise, and I will def. keep everyone informed. I did the self exam, and boy was I twisted a few years ago, I really screwed myself on most of my credit.

Tommy, when I mentioned self-examination, it was to not to place blame - merely a tool to use so that "history does not repeat itself."

You cannot change the past, although you do have the opportunity to take advantage of the lessons learned (from past experiences) and take control of your future.

My main point, was to get organized and develop a plan of attack.

I do want to know my credit scores (the only score I have currently is my WaMu score) and seeing AA's progress has been a temptation; however, I have decided that the money I spend on those scores can be used to reduce my debt - so I'm resisting the temptation.

Again, I want to stress that I was not trying to judge you in any capacity and I'm sorry if it came across that way.

• Like 1

I do want to know my credit scores (the only score I have currently is my WaMu score) and seeing AA's progress has been a temptation; however, I have decided that the money I spend on those scores can be used to reduce my debt - so I'm resisting the temptation.

Reducing debt...never anything wrong with that.

As I said, I'm only a one-month fanatic because I want a mortgage, and I plan on doing it soon. I could do it NOW, but I'd only be setting myself for failure. I have modest savings at best, and I don't want to tap into my retirement accounts for this, even though I can.

Everyone has a different path/stage they are on. Just sharing how I'm doing things, is'all. I also try to be positive if at all possible. :D

As I said, I'm only a one-month fanatic because I want a mortgage, and I plan on doing it soon. I could do it NOW, but I'd only be setting myself for failure. I have modest savings at best, and I don't want to tap into my retirement accounts for this, even though I can.

Everyone has a different path/stage they are on. Just sharing how I'm doing things, is'all. I also try to be positive if at all possible.

AA - your strategy has worked for you and it appears that you have a plan and have developed a tactic in order to reach your goal. You are to be commended on your success and have been an inspiration to many on this board. It was not my intent to criticize your approach - after all it has worked for you.

Tommy, when I mentioned self-examination, it was to not to place blame - merely a tool to use so that "history does not repeat itself."

You cannot change the past, although you do have the opportunity to take advantage of the lessons learned (from past experiences) and take control of your future.

My main point, was to get organized and develop a plan of attack.

Again, I want to stress that I was not trying to judge you in any capacity and I'm sorry if it came across that way.

DD you didn't come across like that at all....No offense taken, everyone has a different situation and budget, and income...as long as we all learn from each other and work together (everyone on this site) we can all prosper...Good luck and I will be on here often and post my results...:)

Reducing debt...never anything wrong with that.

Everyone has a different path/stage they are on. Just sharing how I'm doing things, is'all. I also try to be positive if at all possible. :D

Yeah the way you do it makes sense, your progress and everyone else's keep my moral up!!!! Good luck and I will be posting my results soon, and asking questions also...

Update as of 10/18/08 EX auto notification...Disputed EX Got two removed...Professional Collections SEE YA BYE!!!!Deleted....NCO/Fin...SEE YA!!!!Deleted...:mrgreen:

Those two have been a thorn for some time now.....Now if I can just get EQ and TU to do same.....:):roll:

I am going to make this my own credit repair progress thread. Of course anyone is welcome to respond and comment. I am doing this so that I can keep track of my progress.

So Far I have obtained credit from Rewards 660 300$, Crown Jewelers 2500$ I am hopeing to get my scores raised high enough to ditch the 660 card, although they have a decent CLI program I think but they just scream bad credit credit card.But I take what I can get for now.

I am working on getting a checking/savings accounts with either a CU or regular bank. I have a CU through my work but it is located in Miami and I dont know if I will feel comfortable banking that far away. Anyways my goal with this is to get a secured CC with the bank I choose, and save some bones.

I contacted chexsystems and their are no derogs on file, as a matter of fact they had nothing on file about me. I am happy because I had some issues in the past that I was not sure were straightened up.

I have 6 COs on all 3 of my reports, some are double listings I need to get rid of, and two repos. I already have had 2 repos removed. 1 sol'ed and the other I disputed and it came off last year. I have several collections from Professional collections I am working on and I managed to get one deleted the other day via online. I have a ton of student loans that are reported 120 days late that I would like to get updated and moved over to the good side with the other student loan accounts I have.

It looks like 09' is going to be my SOL year from hell...starting around Feb I have several neg Tl's due to be removed and hard pulls too. I have like one or two neg TL's coming off every month till Oct 09!!! Then my next SOL year is 2014:twisted:I feel like I launched a satelite in space to a planet and am waiting for it to call me back and send pics LOL

I will add to this thread as often as I can with information.