Since this card has started becoming popular on other forums, I figured I would post some information here for everyone who may be interested in getting it. They are an outdoors sportsman outfitters, like a Walmart of sorts.

- They are BK friendly.

- They are financed by WFB, World's Foremost Bank

- They initially do an EQ pull. If you can't be approved immediately with them on the EQ pull, then they forward your information to WAMU and they do a TU pull. Yes, if you have fair credit, this could cost you 2 inqs overall.

- The lowest score I've seen people approved for is 587 and that required the TU pull.

- The lowest CL I've seen granted to anyone so far has been at least $1k.

- Where to apply

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/community/aboutus/visa/visa-application.jsp;jsessionid=LJXYGR1NJA4K3LAQBBICCN3MCAEFCIWE?_requestid=49677

Yes they were but nothing has changed over yet since the sale was just recent. The inquiries showed up as WFB for EQ and WASHMTL/PROV for TU.

careful if you owe money to these guys. They have their own in house collection effort that makes some CA look like boy scouts. They will continue to harass you no matter how many C&D letters you send and they do not even acknowledge the FDCA.

These guys will call your work, home, cell and anyone else they can. Their collections department is equivalent to a pack of dogs going after fresh meat.

these guys are ruthless.

I applied and had no luck online we will see what they say in the mail.

If you call 1-800-552-7963, they will let you know right away if you got the credit card or not or if they had to forward your application to WAMU. If you got it, they won't give you your CL over the phone.

Woohoo! Got my Welcome letter from Wamu, no card yet. I have a BK so my card came from them and not Cabelas. :D

Forgot to mention earlier that I did get the 7-10 day message when I applied online and my approved credit line is $2.5 K. Not bad for a starting CL with a WAMU card.

Thanks ISISLC, I gave this a crack and got 7-10 days. Problem is inquiries and new accounts though, so we'll see! The other sites that go on about this don't seem to agree they are BK friendly though. Doesn't apply to me but thought you should know!

Thanks ISISLC, I gave this a crack and got 7-10 days. Problem is inquiries and new accounts though, so we'll see! The other sites that go on about this don't seem to agree they are BK friendly though. Doesn't apply to me but thought you should know!

Well I'll tell ya hun, my EQ has my BK that I filed after my divorce was finalized so I didn't get stuck with all his crap in 2005 along with 4 accts IIB. My TU has both the BK from 1998 when we were both still married and he had his accident AND the 2005 one after the divorce as well as 6 accts IIB and 3 paid CA accounts. Obviously they went by my TU and that score I was able to get up to 638 Fico since I didn't clear them on the first card when I called. If my BKs don't make them BK friendly then I don't know what does. Remember, for my TU I had 2 BKs against me.

Although I did make sure I got some of my EQ inquiries wiped before I applied with them I only had 2 inqs for TU. I also have 4 accounts that are at 5 months so technically they are still considered new accounts. You should have a good chance at it. GL and keep us posted!

NP, glad I could help. With the impending credit crisis, I'm guessing that it's going to be a lot harder trying to obtain any new credit in the near future. There is no problem with getting while the getting is good. GL on that CL too! Would be nice to see you get something so that you can knock off those small cards. :D

Another thing I learned from getting the Cabela's Card is that you get unlimited TU FICO scores when you request them. How's that for a surprise!:D

SaWeet! Man I just know I'm gonna be disappointed... EQ was good, I wasn't forwarded to WAMU, and you got 2.5k... why do I know I'm gonna get 1k anyway?! lol

You never know. Let me know what you get, it should be coming soon. Mine didn't even take 10 days to get to me, was more like 5.

Will do, if it's really good I'm going to fire Juniper and Best Buy. I want to move on to only prime cards but don't want to drop my available credit too much.

Is Cabela prime?

I've been to their website and it looks a bit dingy for "prime". Or is this one of those "don't judge a book..." deals?

No, it's not prime, but If I can have the same or better CL with one subprime card than the others combined, then I can cancel all the others and have only one subprime.

My main problem is that my prime cards have some of the lowest limits: Chase, BofA both 1k or under. I can't fire them. I think i have a prime version of the Cap 1 card though and its limit is ok. Going to take me a while to get rid of Hooters though as they are currently my highest limit.

I'm tempted to apply, but right now I'm actually dropping cards. It felt great to fire Crap One, and I was playing with the idea of firing Best Buy, but they raised my CL twice in two months, went from $500 to $700. They still might get the axe anyway.

Is Cabela prime?

I've been to their website and it looks a bit dingy for "prime". Or is this one of those "don't judge a book..." deals?

The way the application process works with them and the APR you start with, I would guess that if you are approved with the primary card it's considered a prime and if you move on to Wamu for secondary consideration then it's a subprime.

The way the application process works with them and the APR you start with, I would guess that if you are approved with the primary card it's considered a prime and if you move on to Wamu for secondary consideration then it's a subprime.

If they move me to Wamu I will get instant denial....all because Providian got burned i 2001.....(sigh...)

It's cool though because hopefully Chase will play ball with me and as-much-as-I-would-like-to...I really don't want to apply for more credit right now.

I think the hardest thing about this whole process for me (rebuild and repair) is letting the stuff you do have marinate for sometime before applying for new stuff. I think by next May, I should be ok. In the beginning, I was content with getting my foot back in the door...now, I want 4 digits left of the decimal when I apply for stuff.

I look forward though to continue reading this thread though. Especially when Chase starts getting involved (if at all).

I like the idea of the Cabelas card for myself because I went from Webelos leader to Treasurer of our Cub Scout Pack and next year we will be full in with the Scout Troop. They have pretty good deals on camping and outdoor equipment we will end up needing by reputable companies. We're big on the outdoors anyways, for the rewards, I think it will probably end up being one of my main cards. Got hiking boots for my son and fiancee and only paid $30 total because I already had enough reward points to pay everything else off and I got free shipping. :D