Questions on Medical CAs, DOFD, and True Credit

Mirrasi

Hi all, I am new and have a few questions. I did search but couldn't find these.

1. I have a true Credit account that shows all 3 CRA's. Should I ditch this and pull the actual reports directly from the CRA?

2. How do you find your DOFD? I can not find these on the True Credit Reports.

3. Should I be paying medical CAs?

Part of my credit issues are bad medical debts. I was not paying them and sent letters refusing to deal with the CAs. It bit me in the butt. First, the medical companies I owed the actual money too, will not deal with me. They tell me I MUST deal with the CA. Second, the CA's have come after me several times in court where I was forced to either pay it up front or have it pulled from my paycheck. These guys don't play around. Consequently, I am now paying all 9 of them $10 a month just to keep them off my back. With the interest involved, it's practically wasted money but the best I can do. I feel stuck with these guys.

1. I have a true Credit account that shows all 3 CRA's. Should I ditch this and pull the actual reports directly from the CRA?

You can start with this report for now and then move on to getting the reports from the other CRAs. If you do a search here, you will find the links for accessing your CRs from the 3 CRAs for free.

2. How do you find your DOFD? I can not find these on the True Credit Reports..

I believe EQ is the only CRA that shows DOFD. Otherwise, you can call the CRAs for that information, they have it even though they may not display the info on your CRs.

3. Should I be paying medical CAs?

Part of my credit issues are bad medical debts. I was not paying them and sent letters refusing to deal with the CAs. It bit me in the butt. First, the medical companies I owed the actual money too, will not deal with me. They tell me I MUST deal with the CA. Second, the CA's have come after me several times in court where I was forced to either pay it up front or have it pulled from my paycheck. These guys don't play around. Consequently, I am now paying all 9 of them $10 a month just to keep them off my back. With the interest involved, it's practically wasted money but the best I can do. I feel stuck with these guys.

1. Are the medical CAs you're paying now due to judgments? 2. Are these your valid accounts? 3. Are they out of SOL for your state. 4. If they aren't due to judgments have you DVd any of them and are they small enough to pay off?

Need some more information as to the age and who you're dealing with in regards to CAs. This makes it easier to answer the question.

I guess I'll get an EQ report then because I can't do anything about SOLs without knowing when my last DOF was.

The medical issues are the only things recent on the credit reports, about 2 years old. I'm not sure what you mean by judements. If you mean taking me to court, a couple of them have served me papers and we borrowed money and paid them off so we wouldn't have to go to court. There are still quite a few of these left. A couple of them are over $700 and we definately don't want the same thing happening because that's too big of a lump sum to pay off for us.

So we've started making $10 payments per month to these guys to avoid that and then plan to pay off each one as we can.

I figured that since these are ligit and somewhat recent, I've no chance of getting them off my credit report anyway so I might as well pay them.

I'm sort of surprised that I am forced o only deal with the CA though.