look at this letter to cra good or bad idea

thadeues3

(I got hit with 3 so far 30 day lates may june and july because I made a 40 dollar mistake on my mortgage in may. ) letter starts here. This account is listed as being 30 days late several times. I have never been late on this account. I have proof these payments were paid and I should have no negative info on my credit report because of this. enclosed you will find my bank statements where and when these funds cleared my account. stars are drawn to the side of the payments. I acquired a home loan thru fifth third mortgage. acc# xxxx . on April 18 chk #4038 cleared for payment in the amount of 862.36 as yon can see on (page1) on (page 2) may 22 chk# 8006 cleared for 826.36 now I simply put the 2 and the 6 in the wrong places. I receive a letter saying no payment was received so I called customer service with fifth third mortgage and she explains to me that there was no payment made. thinking I did not make a payment I had a electronic draft made using a debit card for 878.11 as seen on ( page 3) I then went and looked at my checking account and realized I had in deed made payment just misplaced some numbers. creating a 40 dollar difference. I then call Helen Bartlett and explained my issue asking to have the 826.36 chk returned. Helen stated that would not be possible. and to not worry about my credit being hit with a negative comment because the payment was not 30 day late. I put a stop payment on the 878.11 on may,28 as seen on ( page4) on (page5) as you can see I made a payment of 869.86 chk # 3904 and chk # 3905 the for the 40 dollars that was negative from the previous month. when I spoke with Helen Bartlett I enrolled in bill payer 2000 having my payments electronic draft from the account. from this point forward. Jul 1 electric payment was made as seen on (page6) for 862.36 the same for Aug.1 862.36 was paid as seen on (page 7) on (page8) you will notice payment was made sep 2 in the amount of 862.36 ? is should I be telling them I made the mistake or not.

I called the lender and have spoken with 6 reps so far saying they can do nothing. they are pulling 862.36 for my mortgage every month but what I get from the reps is they are putting it in an unaplied account and telling trans union and such I am 30 day late. I dont know what else to do I am sending this letter to 5th3rd also. my fico come up from 595 4 moths ago to 616-620 rang I have my 2 cc maxed out to 12,000 wich I will pay off next week hopefully will bring me to the 700 club but I think these 30 day lates are going to keep me from my 700 goal

If you have the bank statements to prove that the lender was in possession of the money on the correct date, then the issue is with the lender. You need to send your letter to a higher up at the lender with your proof of payment. The lender needs to change their internal records.

For the future, can you set up bill payment with your personal bank and have the payment arrive at least 3 days before the due date. That way, you can avoid the lateness issues.

they are putting it in an unaplied account and telling trans union and such I am 30 day late.

Do you have some unpaid service charges or escrow shortages that are causing your payments to go ito a holding account? You need to find out why they are doing that.

I do not have an escro account. I think these are late fees that should not have been charged. in may I shorted them 40 dollars. in june I pay late charge and send them 40 I was short for may. the way they see it june payment was for may and july was for june and so on creating late fees every month fro may.

Oh no, I see what mess this is. In the article section of the forum a woman sued her mortgage holder for doing the same mess to her. This is what happens.

When you made the payment for the amount of 862.36 it was the full payment for the account so it was immediately applied with no problems. Now, the 2nd check you send was for 826.36 which shorted your payment for $40. What banks will do on a normal bases is place that money you sent into a holding account untill enough has been collected to apply to your payment. Although they have your money in hand, it was NOT applied to your payment so in essence it was NOT paid.

Now you send another check for the correct payment, this correct payment goes into that holding account which is now up to 1688.72. Now that there is enough money in that account, they deduct the 862.36 from that amount which leaves the 826.36. So at this point, you are already 30 days late on your payment. Not just that but alll late fees are then subtracted from that balance as well as the payment not being applied to your account again!

It's just a cycle that goes on and on. You will keep getting hit with the late fees and the amount will keep going down and down as well as always being one month behind on your payments. This is normal practice with some banks. I tried to find the article but it was removed. Sorry to hear about this happening with you but I would recommend you find out what is in that holding account and get it rounded up to a full payment so you can get back on track until you can get this sorted out. GL

• Like 1

Isislc is right. That is why the holding account is called a 'suspense' account. Obviously it works very well for the mortgage servicer because they make a ton of money off these fees they are charging you. The first step is to get it corrected by paying the full amount and then see if you can write a good will letter to get the fees reversed (although I think getting the fees back is unlikely).