Fiance's Credit report OMFG

JTsdaddy

I don't know where to begin

Multiple mutiple Medical collections.

1 CC charge off HSBC

2 Judgments Paid

Sky bank mortage lates (bank closed) .

45 Inquries Total. all 3 CRA ????? (She dont Apply for credit cause, she dont have it )

I think I should start by disputing all Old addresses.

then move to quash the 22 Inquries from a used car place.

The car inquiries likely only count as 1 even though there are so many, as long as they were within a 2-week period.

Disputing addresses works sometimes when the creditor doesn't have the other pieces of the puzzle such as SS number. Assuming they do, usually we start with disputes of all the negatives to see what sticks. Myself and many others started with simple online disputes with decent success, others prefer a paper trail, but I figure you could always do that next anyway.

Once you know everything that is going to verify, you can develop a more precise plan.

G'luck!

I married my dream girl, I married my dream girl, but she didn't tell me her credit was bad. Now instead of living in a pleasant suburb, we're living in the basement at her mom and dad's. No we can't get a loan for a respectable home, just because my girl defaulted on some old credit cards. If we'd gone to xxxxxxx.xxx, I'd be a happy bachelor with a dog and a yard.

I married my dream girl, I married my dream girl, but she didn't tell me her credit was bad. Now instead of living in a pleasant suburb, we're living in the basement at her mom and dad's. No we can't get a loan for a respectable home, just because my girl defaulted on some old credit cards. If we'd gone to xxxxxxx.xxx, I'd be a happy bachelor with a dog and a yard.

Did you really recite that from memory? Really?! LMAO!!!

Or did you find that commercial on youtube and listened to it a bunch of times? I am still LMAO (and hard too....)!!

• Like 1

3. Make your finance deal with this stuff, don't just do it for them.

Not that admin's other two points weren't important, but this one you gotta heed. You do this stuff for her, she'll merely mess (or any other four letter word) up again. She has to first acknowledge that she "messed" up, then actually want to fix it herself.

Otherwise, you will both get nowhere....

OK, joking aside (BTW, I found that on Yahoo answers), my take may be a little different than what folks here might suggest.

First, don't try to repair a thing yet.

Second, some folks are not cut out to do this sort of work. They can help, they can be in the loop, but if you want them to take charge of it you'll have delay or disaster on your hands.

Third, triage the thing. You must know applicable SOLs and who owns what. You also need to know which of them sue in your local area and what their thresholds are. Creditors who might sue will have higher priorities.

Fourth, negotiate to reduce balances substantially (especially if their claims are arguably beyond SOL for suit), and for either PFD or for the creditor to leave the negative TL untouched and not to respond to any CRA disputes. If the creditor insists on updating the TL, have them use a "settled for less" notation and try to get them to agree that no further information will be sent to CRAs (even in response to a dispute).

Don't start repair until everyone is either paid and settled, or somehow has sued and lost or what-have-you.

I don't know where to begin

Multiple mutiple Medical collections.

1 CC charge off HSBC

2 Judgments Paid

Sky bank mortage lates (bank closed) .

45 Inquries Total. all 3 CRA ????? (She dont Apply for credit cause, she dont have it )

I think I should start by disputing all Old addresses.

then move to quash the 22 Inquries from a used car place.

My credit is a lot worse than that...except for the judgements.

LOL...mine too!

JTsdaddy, relax! Trust me it could be worse.

As other posters have stated. Heed Admin's advice about having her do it herself. We all know that credit repair has it's ups and downs and some of that frustration will help prevent us from getting into this position again.

DH was BF when he was in Iraq. While he was there, I fixed his CR. When he got back he was debt-free except for a $30K bal on a mortgage. Within that first year he was $95K in debt. After the divorce for the first W became final (understand they were separated for years before that...), he lost his tax deductions. Aside from the IRS his for that year, he lost a few hundred/mo more in higher income tax....that debt level became almost unmanageable.

Since that time I have refused to fix his CR or help with his budget or bills (all of our finances are separate). He is well on his way to fixing his latest errors himself and can now afford to pay all his bills (in the process of paying them *off*).

He got into the second mess because he wasn't the one to fix the first mess. I had access to his CR so I could see what was happening. I let it ride for a bit but then let him know that he had to get it under control or we wouldn't be getting married any time soon.

We were married Sept 6th and things are much better. He has dings w/in the past 24 mo, but has been current for the past year. :mrgreen:

What Admin says is true...

Get reports, dispute, DV, ....etc...it works follow all the steps. I have been doing it off and on since 06.. I probably would be in the clear if I had stuck with it full time.

Ask questions in here too, these people are cool and will help you out and put you in the right direction. Don't be embarassed or ashamed, their are people from all sorts of backgrounds here in the same boat. Just surf the forums, you will see.

If you think that your credit is bad, if it will make you feel better go check out the BK forum and read what some of the other people are up against. Trust me your CR is not all that bad...it is bad but not scary bad.:-):wink:

• Like 1

It's funny how people's priorities are different from others.

I think the last thing on my mind about a girl I was serious about was her credit score/report.

There are more things to worry about that can't be fixed......Like

1. Sexual history

2. Her family

3. Her friends

4. Genetics/disorders

5. etc.

Finances are the #1 reason why people divorce today.

Good Luck!

• Like 1