Krash

citi,citi!HOw I love citi

I know citi doesn't sound good to many people right now, with the bail out thing going on, but I looked today and seen the request a cli was in the page where it wasn't before, now keep in mind I have already gotten 1800 from then just 1 month ago! 1800 a card that is! So now, I hit it again, without a hard pull and got 1800 a card again! So I did a hard pull a couple of months back and got a total of 6500 but that took a hard pull! I can't believe them! I got 19,300 on one card and 6400 on the other! to anyone with citi, keep watching the request a cli to show up under the tools section! Once it does that means u can get a cli! without a hard pull! Just wanted to let you all know, and it hasn't been long at all since the last cli! And GEMB and HSBC won't give me hardly anything lol.....

• Like 1

Dear Krash,

I, too, love Citi. But they don't even know I exist. I think of them all day and it turns my stomach to know they are with so many other people and not me. What can I do? What can I change? My love for them is unrequited. I once built up the nerve to ask them out via an online app, but I was rejected. They said they had heard some things about me according to some b!tch named Experian. I told her off but it was no good, she just stuck with her story. It seems since then she has forgotten several details and isn't really even sure why she bad-mouthed me in the first place, but I'm still too hurt. Should I try again?

Signed,

Hopelessly lovestruck in NC

Dear Krash,

I, too, love Citi. But they don't even know I exist. I think of them all day and it turns my stomach to know they are with so many other people and not me. What can I do? What can I change? My love for them is unrequited. I once built up the nerve to ask them out via an online app, but I was rejected. They said they had heard some things about me according to some b!tch named Experian. I told her off but it was no good, she just stuck with her story. It seems since then she has forgotten several details and isn't really even sure why she bad-mouthed me in the first place, but I'm still too hurt. Should I try again?

Signed,

Hopelessly lovestruck in NC

Dear Love struck,

I would try again, I have never had them pull ex for me, just tu one time and that was for a 6500 cli that i asked for after they gave me 1800, now keep in mind I haven't even had these cards but 7 months not even a year, and I have had hsbc for over a year and stuck at 950 bbmc, and 900 orchard, that is only because I call and threaten to close them after a while! Anyway I would freeze ex, and then retry because they may pull that good eq! Good luck and let me know! PS tell em krash said give ya a nice citi plat card with 0 int for 12 mos on purchases and BT's and a nice 10'g limit to start with! lol.... I don't even use the citi cards other than two balances I am paying on, and I am about to pay one off! I have 0 balances on all other cards!

• Like 1

lol... actually I have a recon in to them that I just sent off this weekend. They basically said try again when your credit is flawless. At the time of the pull, columbia house had just managed to sneak one past me on top of the AFNI collection. The columbia house came off from dispute so I sent them that proof and said the Afni would come off due to dispute or age either way over the next month. Fingers are crossed, hopefully they'll at least give me a small extension on the recon since Afni won't fall off in that original 30 day period, but is only reportable until November.

I'll also have to hope that my EQ inq's come off, cuz I'm at like 12 right now.

congrats! i used to love citi- in fact, i had 2 citi cc bfs lol however, i was young and dumb and well, the relationships crashed and burned :( now i'm afraid citi will be like my evil ex bf amex and blacklist me for forever. to top it off, citi's started sleeping w/the devil EXPERIAN in calif. oh citi, why? everyone knows EX is satan.

signed, lovestruck in CA who longs for citi to let me back in its good graces.

I have tried getting a CLI twice with citi (My exxon card). Those POSes won't double my limit....and this is after they hard pulled EX and EQ.

It's ok.....I know they'll crash and burn soon......I hope Well Fargo wins the Wachovia prize.

I have tried getting a CLI twice with citi (My exxon card). Those POSes won't double my limit....and this is after they hard pulled EX and EQ.

It's ok.....I know they'll crash and burn soon......I hope Well Fargo wins the Wachovia prize.

exxon's prob the only citi cc i could get right now. $200 doesn't really get much gas in calif these days and frankly, i'm tired of 3 digit CLs that aren't going to grow w/me. i bank w/citi and they said i 'look good' for a secured cc, so i may go that route...bank w/them anyway (please don't pull a WAMU on me ugh) and a secured cc would let me save $...and, unlike my BA 99/500, supposedly citi DOES give CLIs on their secured ccs.

btw, did you get the target bump to 500? 4 stmts cut for me and no cli to 500. oh well, maybe a visa upgrade down the road awaits from tarjay haha

exxon's prob the only citi cc i could get right now. $200 doesn't really get much gas in calif these days and frankly, i'm tired of 3 digit CLs that aren't going to grow w/me. i bank w/citi and they said i 'look good' for a secured cc, so i may go that route...bank w/them anyway (please don't pull a WAMU on me ugh) and a secured cc would let me save $...and, unlike my BA 99/500, supposedly citi DOES give CLIs on their secured ccs.

btw, did you get the target bump to 500? 4 stmts cut for me and no cli to 500. oh well, maybe a visa upgrade down the road awaits from tarjay haha

Nah, still at the $200 with Tarjay.....I will probably see the visa in the year 2000 and never. LOL

A CLI on a secured card?! That's nice.

I'd go for a second secured card myself, but by the time I save up for that purpose, my BOA would have hopefully unsecured and I'd get a huge CLI that way. There is this one thread on CB where this lady had a 99/500 and the thing went to like 19000 or something crazy like that. A HUGE CLI after she unsecured. I'd personally be happy with half that amount but I'm hoping for 5000 after I graduate. I am waiting until the end of next year for another app spree. This way I can get bigger CLs from jump instead of being happy with the foot in the door strategy I took. I would have had a 2 year history with CJ and Macys. :D

Yeah bad news there... my BofA graduated last month, NO INCREASE! I had to request one and even then they only doubled it to 1k.

I do have more cards than I did when I got that though, so I think that makes them nervous. But, I was quite disappointed. Even my Hooters card gave me another 1k unexpectedly.

u take that back you hethern, wells fargo blows! I know citi is asking for gov help to buy them out, and simply put i don't think they gov should help them buy anyone out!! but wf sucks

Yeah bad news there... my BofA graduated last month, NO INCREASE! I had to request one and even then they only doubled it to 1k.

I do have more cards than I did when I got that though, so I think that makes them nervous. But, I was quite disappointed. Even my Hooters card gave me another 1k unexpectedly.

Based on all the news that's out there, that's not surprising. This is probably evidence that BOA doesn't want to take bets on anyone anymore, and if they do, not willingly.

At best, at least I'll have $4k if they choose to double me. Or the $2k that I have now. I'll be ok though.

How long did you have Hooters when you got the extra $1k, CC?

u take that back you hethern, wells fargo blows! I know citi is asking for gov help to buy them out, and simply put i don't think they gov should help them buy anyone out!! but wf sucks

Don't mean to rain on your parade. I'm just so mad that citi can't even double my POS CL.

You try getting gas on a V-8 engine in the NY area with with $200 a month...it's pretty laughable.

I just want Citi to play ball with me.

I don't know anything about WF, other than friends/family who have (or had) mortgages with them. There are no WF branches currently in the northeast. With Wachovia, that will definitely change.

I have the citibank platinum mastercard and the button is right there by my account info when I log on. I hit it and a half second later it said no. It didn't ask me any questions or anything just said no within 2 seconds. Is there any chance it was a hard pull?

How long did you have Hooters when you got the extra $1k, CC?

I was originally approved at 1k. At around 8 months, I logged in and saw they had given me an increase to 1.5k, then at the year mark it went up to 1.9k, only $400 more... I called and said I was comparing my cards to cancel some and asked if they could either increase the CLI, adjust the APR, or waive the annual fee. They had no authority to tweak APR and firmly don't waive the AF, but submitted a CLI request which resulted in a hard pull. They told me I'd get a letter with the verdict, but a couple days later I logged in and saw an additional $600 for the 2.5k total.

Don't mean to rain on your parade. I'm just so mad that citi can't even double my POS CL.

You try getting gas on a V-8 engine in the NY area with with $200 a month...it's pretty laughable.

I just want Citi to play ball with me.

I don't know anything about WF, other than friends/family who have (or had) mortgages with them. There are no WF branches currently in the northeast. With Wachovia, that will definitely change.

Yeah i understand, and i don't know why they keep giving me auto cli's like that! And for the other person if the button is there and says no then that is not a hard, they do one based off your payment history or something, then if u want more than they offer you get a hard!

A weird thing about it, is that I have a sears card and i only got 1150 on it! NO clis on that one yet and I havent even used it much, I guess that is why I haven't gotten one!