Ravenous Wolf

Price of Gas: $2.60 and still falling...

Our gas out here just went below $3.00 the other day. Yesterday, it was $2.85. We're 100 miles East of LA. Yes, AM/PM is cheaper, but, with that HEMI, it just passes through, waste of money. The only gas we can get good mileage with is Shell, but, across the street is a Valero. We get fair with it, maybe 15 miles different overall, depending where we go.

As an example, last year at this time we had to go up to the Bay area. We stopped in Buttonwillow, stayed, gotup, filled tank at a Union 76 (good gas, right?). Arrived in Martinez. We had used more gas in that distance than we did leaving home. Understand we had to climb the Grapevine on first leg. The trip from Buttonwillow (244 miles North) to Martinez was flat and wide open with good traffic and several miles less (forgot the distance). The point here is we don't use Union 76 at all anymore.

$1.98 in Houston

Ohhh. It's going back up out here. Up to $2.05 from 1.97 last week. :(

I can genarally guage the direction at the pump by followin gthe price of crude oil. for the last 2 months price had dove through the basement. it has found support around the $62 a barrel price range. it bounced as high as $70 a barrel yesterday but had receeded to the $65 range over the last 2 hours. hope this may shed some light. i actually wait for ppb(price per barrel) to move up by 7-10 bucks before i go out and intentionally fill up.

here is a link i use to watch the price of oil

http://www.nymex.com/index.aspx

Bloomberg commodities lists the wholesale price of gasoline. Crude is a good indicator, but wholesale gasoline is the indicator. Reason being that a barrel of crude is cracked into many refined products- gasoline being only one of them. Gasoline prices have to do with feeds costs (crude) and other factors such as demand and time of year.

BOY! Do I miss TX! LOL:mrgreen::)++

I have about 1/4 tank and I am hesitating.....want that below $2 price! :wink:

If it drops below $2, I am getting out a camera and taking a pic! (for posterity)8-)

We are at $2.499 but I did drive by one today that posted a price of $2.389...I guess since we are officially in SEASON the gas will not go down further. Don't understand how everyone, except NYS, is less than $2.00 but us:shock:

For two weeks in a row I have filled up my gas tank for under $2.00 a gallon. I think 1.95 or 1.96 is the floor here in San Antonio Texas although my wife did see it for 1.89 a gallon. My gas tank wasn't exactly empty but it was great to fill it up for under 30 clams.