LeslieR

CapOne online services down?

I've been trying to access my CapOne account (credit card) online for 24 hours now and keep getting the message

System temporarily down - contact customer service.

Just wondering if anyone else is getting this (I find it hard to believe that large bank like this would have a tech. glitch that would last that long) or if it's some problem with my cookies, security, etc. It doesn't even let me attempt to log on.

I could call customer service, but I don't have any particular question - just being anal about checking up on things. I guess I'll call if it's still giving me the error message tonight.

Well, it's really weird. CapOne has no known problems. I am on TW Roadrunner, and Cap One said that they advise all of their Time Warner customers to use Firefox (which I do) as their site is not compatible with IE 8. But I was able to log onto the site via whatever earlier version of IE I have (I NEVER use IE for anything).

But I AM able to log on to the site with no error via Firefox from work.

I cleared cookies, temp files, etc. and still "system unavailable" via Firefox at home.

Weird.

Weird all the way around. Silly to say it's incompatible with IE since that's all I, or almost anyone has by default (silly way to design a site). Or is IE8 the AOL browser? That would make some sense. No problems today or ever that I've seen. Soggy!

Well, today it's working through Firefox.

Re. the IE issue, what the CSR told me was that they advise all of their TIME WARNER customers to use Firefox as there is some incompatibility with TW and IE for their site. Not sure if she specifically meant TW AOL users - which I am not.

I got on via IE just fine. And today again using Firefox (after about a three day glitch).

System Unavailable

The system is currently unavailable. Please contact customer service.

Yep, that's what I was getting. Try going through IE if you aren't already.

Deanna, what a personalized avatar! :) cute!

Thanks Les! I thought I should put one of me laughing because that's usually what I am doing while posting. So now you can imagine me actually laughing like a big dork!

Plus I was tired of everybody thinking I was actually a big muscle man wrestler! I still don't know how barely anybody knew who that was.......:?:lol:

My all time fave is still "runnin' 4 credit repair" dude.

And speaking of all time faves and inappropriate graphic images, where the hell has LOVEBUG been??????

My all time fave is still "runnin' 4 credit repair" dude.

And speaking of all time faves and inappropriate graphic images, where the hell has LOVEBUG been??????

I know- she needs to come around more! I miss my partner in crime. Or are we a 3some? Three Amigos? :lol: