Thanks! I just checked this morning and you were right. They pulled EX.

So what was the verdict? I've been thinking about applying for a Bofa card since I bank there.

Eddie

It's very hard to get into those big banks. That's my experience anyway. So don't let that get you down. There are plenty other great cards that will take you when the giant banks turn you down.

After all my credit repair and progress, E*Trade just turned me down yesterday due to "POOR CREDIT PERFORMANCE." My a$$, I'd like to say back!

It's their right to be that picky, though. I'll just use other cards; nobody really needs those huge-bank cards. Although it's fine to make it a goal if it makes you feel good. Personally I'm making it my goal to get that E*Trade card someday.

It's their right to be that picky, though. I'll just use other cards; nobody really needs those huge-bank cards. Although it's fine to make it a goal if it makes you feel good. Personally I'm making it my goal to get that E*Trade card someday.

I agree with you....I personally don't need anymore right now, and I'm just focusing on growing the limits on what I got.

What is so special about the E*Trade card though? AMEX I understand, as folks seem to like getting fluffed for having an AMEX in their wallet.

I just moved my brokerage account there and got a checking and savings to simplify things. (I have gotten tired of ACHs that take days and wires that cost $30 so I want everything in one place. Although I still have and use my local bank account, too.)

The only other thing I'd want there, right now is the credit card; it has something like 9% interest and no fee; maybe a big limit too (if you have a big enough bank account and/or brokerage, maybe - I'm not there yet so maybe someday...) Since I'm starting to use them for everything I just figured it would be cool to have a card there and just clickety-click to pay when I log into checking.