In applying for an aircraft loan today I found out some interesting info. They pulled TU score 719 BUT 2 old lates from 2004, a few 30 day and a few 60 day lates. The guy said even though I have the score he will have a tough time pushing it through due to the lates that still show.

Tried a different bank, same thing. So I guess old lates do matter.....:(

That's in a manual review situation. The old lates aren't having as much of an impact on your scores, though.

...also some companies don't soley base giving customers a loan b/c of their credit scores. They also look at a few more items as well. I hope you're able to get a loan soon.

Exactly - that's what I was trying to say. When we say that old lates don't matter, we mean that in FICO scoring, they mean very little to nothing. But when someone really reviews your credit report, ANY lates are derogatory and say something about your profile.

That's in a manual review situation. The old lates aren't having as much of an impact on your scores, though.

5 lates from 2002-2003 had a 21-point impact on my FICO, because that's how much my score jumped when they were gone.

I think I'd consider an "old" late one that is really close to approaching it's seven years.

I think I'd consider an "old" late one that is really close to approaching it's seven years.

Lates from 2002 are.

I can testify that old lates do matter. I still get turned down with one of the reasons listed: delinquency - and I don't have a late payment any more recently than a 30-day late in July 2006! I guess the fact that it's more than two years old causes it to impact my score less, but credit sticklers find it and use it against me.