mountaindews

Need advice NEWBIE!!!

Hi everone! I am new to all this. I have a question or two. I prepared an initial letter to send to the credit bur. but I have like a million things I want to dispute (30-40) on each and I asked the post office how much it would be to mail they said about $5.70 for Certified and return rec. Should I wait and get the money or should I just do it online for the initial letter or should I make a letter for maybe five disputes at a time??? Please...help me. I'm working on mine and my boyfriends so there is a lot TL's to dispute!!

I would do a few at a time. I always try to do mine online. Problem is after the first dispute EX will not conduct another dispute via internet, so you have to send the dispute in the mail after that. A lot of people will say not to do the internet because it doesn't create a paper trail but it hasn't hurt me at all....yet. Also you might want to consider DVing the CAs at the same time. 1-2 punch so to speak. Seems to have good results for a lot of people.

It really depends on what you're aiming to do on the long run. If you're simply going for the disputes, and not looking to go to court if they bureaus/creditors don't comply, then a trackable letter is the way to go.

If not, then it really doesn't matter too much if it's trackable. A lot of people tend to like the written disputes as it gives you more freedom in writing it.

For the online disputes, you're simplifying the job of the CSR, basically classifying the dispute for them, reducing it to a two digit code.

On the other hand, if you're disputing via the mails, then it's possible that it can be complex enough to get them to say, "forget it, I can't put a code to this," and the TL gets deleted because they don't have time to fully investigate.

Keep in mind that there is also a problem by doing online disputes only, as opposed to written disputes, not just convenience. By not doing written disputes, you give up certain rights per the FCRA. That information is available right her in this thread. I agree though that you should break up how many TLs you dispute at a time.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263996

I do like the convenience of online disputes, but I'll back up ISISLC especially when it comes to Experian. They won't allow a second dispute without additional documentation, so best to get it right the first time. I'm learning that the hard way with a genuinely wrong baddie that should have been deleted months ago. I got greedy last year and they updated it incorrectly to show C/O the month of dispute, over 6 years after the fact!

Now they're all ignoring me and I may have to get an attorney to draft something since it looks like it's gonna hang around until 2014 at this point!

I had read that the first dispute I should just say not mine...is that incorrect. There were a few that should have been off my record already they were like 10 years old and then I have some that won't come off until 2014 also. Can I dispute those ones too. There are some that were sold and both the OC and the new CA have it on my record what do I do there? Also...(sorry so many questions) how do I get judgements on my boyfriends removed. He has two.

Hi everone! I am new to all this. I have a question or two. I prepared an initial letter to send to the credit bur. but I have like a million things I want to dispute (30-40) on each and I asked the post office how much it would be to mail they said about $5.70 for Certified and return rec. Should I wait and get the money or should I just do it online for the initial letter or should I make a letter for maybe five disputes at a time??? Please...help me. I'm working on mine and my boyfriends so there is a lot TL's to dispute!!

Well, in my opinion there is no point in wasting time by disputing only few items a t a time...And when come the question of online disputing, I'm not in favour as you won't have any physical proof or hard copy of it. Rest is your choice.

Not a fan of the "not mine" dispute unless it's really not yours. If you look really hard, you'll probably find a discrepancy. I'd suggest looking between the three bureaus and see how they're reporting differently. They don't have to be uniform, but it helps you plead your case if they are.

As far as the recently sold debts. Both the OC and the DB can report, but they both have to abide by the same 7 year sol clock for reporting. That said, usually the JDB messes up here and tries to make it look newer than it is, which is illegal. Thus, you have another basis for dispute.

For judgments, they're tricky little bastards. If they were improperly entered (i.e. you weren't served correctly or given notice that there was a court date) you may be able to vacate the judgment, but you have to do that with the courthouse.

Good luck.

I am getting confused..please help me. LOL OK here's the thing.. I went ahead and disputed some online. The ones I thought I would have a good chance getting them taken off the first time around.

Now if they don't match all three reports how do I go about disputing that? What do I say?

What if the OC and the CA who bought the account has different amounts?

and...What if another one of the OC's is showing a zero balance and the CA for the same account is reporting another amount?

I just want to thank all of you I am so lost!!!! I hope I am doing this stuff right!

Hey guys! I have another question...what credit monitoring system is best to use? Is there one that has all three reports and all three scores? Do they all have their own fico scores or is there only one fico and then experian and equifax scores?

Truecredit is good- they give you all 3 reports that you can update daily ( some say it will BUMP inquiries off your report if you use it enough) it will cost you 14.95 a month- I cancelled then they offered it for 9.95 a month- you can update your scores daily- but they are not true FICO scores- FICO scores can only be gotten from MYFICO- any other score is referred to as FAKO (fake fico) - a free service for a FAKO score only is creditkarma.com if used in conjuction with truecredit people have seen inquiries drop faster- there seems to be quite a debate about BUMPAGE- many threads on it. don't forget each year you are entitled to a free report from all 3 agencies- i forget the website- and anytime you are denied credit-the agency they used must give you a free copy.

Basically you say they don't match. You force them to show they're right. Then, if they update it, you ask them how the did it under FCRA 611.

As for the other questions, OC and CA should be showing different balances. If it's sold, then the OC should show 0, the CA should show an amount.

If the OC shows a balance and the CA shows a higher balance, the OC needs to be changed. You can also try to dispute off the JDB/CA by questioning the amount.

It goes like this. Dispute w/ CRA--> if cra verifies 1) Redispute and request 611 investigation, if cra deletes, you're done--> If CRA again verified, request investigation with the DF (you can do this if it's a JDB) via 623, ask them to produce documents that entitles them to add interest and fees. They'll most likely ignore you. --> Dispute again with the CRAs telling them they DF can't verify the balance as correct to you and it should be deleted.

Remember, it usually comes down to how big a pain in the a$$ you can be.

Thanks so much on the advice. I got set up wwith true credit and credit karma. It makes things so much easier to organize when you have all three side by side like that! I wanted to ask what I should do with an account that is showing on one report under a CA and on the other two reports 's showing with a completely different CA. So 1 account 2 CA's. What do I do with that one?

My advice tends to be a little off from the norm. I'd simply call the OC and find out who they placed it with. Then, once you have that much figured out, you can call up the other CA (or write if you prefer) and let them know they don't have the right to report the account.

I would then dispute with the CRAs.

I can't be totally solid with this advice, as I've not exactly dealt with that problem firsthand.