Have chase card - 3 yrs - no CLI in 2.5 - said no?

Any ideas on what to do?

DH has a chase card. 1200 CL. he has had it for 3 years now, never asked for a CLI. well i see the power button on the online account, so i say hey, lets give it a try.

get a letter in the mail says no because not enough credit history, too many inqs.

what gives?

he has never been late, or over the limit in 3 yrs! and his credit report is immaculant. perfect. not one baddie ever.

should he recon this? do you think it would work???

theyve never even given an auto CLI

They gave you the reason- not enough history and too many inquiries- how many iquiries does he have? I would call and ask the to reconsider--AS LONG AS NO ADDITIONAL PULL IS DONE- you can use your denial to get a free credit report= banks are getting tougher-personally I'd bitch them out about receiving my tax money for bailouts while giving their bosses tons of money- i fired chase auto loan and bank for that reason- I'm done with big banks and use NFCU and local credit unions from now on. i wouldnt fire the card-3 years is awesome- but id sockdrawer it