CRA request sending red flags to CA's????

fishwater

Out of the blue, (well within a week of getting all three credit reports) I am getting MORE calls and letters from all sorts of different credit agencies. I also am getting a bunch of credit card offers. WHO IN THE HELL GAVE ALL THESE PEOPLE MY NAME?????????? I have moved from another state and been here for about 6 months, and suddenly in the same week get letters from lawyers here now... ONCE AGAIN, DOES JUST GETTING A CREDIT REPORT CLUE ALL THESE GUYS IN?????????

I AM NOT LIKEING THIS AT ALL. NO ONE MENTIONED IN THIS SIGHT THAT THIS COULD OR WOULD HAPPEN.

do you suppose our new president elect will help me out?????

Do a search on "opt out". Its one of the first things to do when you start repairing your credit. It instructs the CRAs to NOT sell your name to potential credit grantors.

And, yes, most CRAs do have "activity reporting" triggers for their customers (i.e., OCs, CAs, etc) that send them notice when something of interest changes on your reports. Not much you can do about that.

Not getting Offers or junk mail.... getting letters from all sorts of debt collectors.... One lawyer says he is working for First Resolution, with Citi as the OC...

NCO is all of the sudden calling on the phone....

I say just applying for your credit report sends flags out to these people..... Why else would they be suddenly attacking???

I say just applying for your credit report sends flags out to these people..... Why else would they be suddenly attacking???

You're right. Creditors, debt collectors, etc. can subscibe to a service whereby they are notified by the CRA if there is any activity on your account, including the ordering of credit reports.

Get an automatic notification within 24 hours when new activity is reported to Experian’s File One database on accounts you’ve flagged for skip tracing. - Experian