shdubu

Wal-Mart credit Card Warning

So i have had my card for over a year, never missed a payment. I have had it pretty close to the limit the past few months and have been working on paying it down. Today i logged in and my Credit Line was Decreased. I called and they said as of yesterday they had to drop Credit lines on multiple people.

Grrr I just cannot even believe this, but oh well all the more reason to just get it paid off and leave it alone!

So i have had my card for over a year, never missed a payment. I have had it pretty close to the limit the past few months and have been working on paying it down. Today i logged in and my Credit Line was Decreased. I called and they said as of yesterday they had to drop Credit lines on multiple people.

Grrr I just cannot even believe this, but oh well all the more reason to just get it paid off and leave it alone!

They did the same thing to me. I had mine open for over a year and built the credit limit up to $860 and then I tried to purchase something about 5 weeks ago and it just wouldn't go through at the register. It was embarassing because I was holding up the line with about 4 people behind me.

I got home and it showed they dropped my credit limit down to $280. I am closing it this week.

That stinks, what Walmart did to you guys. I'd be closing my card, too. The hub has a card with a $750 limit and he will definitely check the balance first if/when he chooses to use it.

Honestly, in the current credit climate, I wouldn't be closing cards after a CLD -- it only means that that CL will be the last reporting CL for that card EVER. When things get better, the CLIs will come again. This cycle happened before in 2001-2004.

Honestly, in the current credit climate, I wouldn't be closing cards after a CLD -- it only means that that CL will be the last reporting CL for that card EVER. When things get better, the CLIs will come again. This cycle happened before in 2001-2004.

From what i have seen, it doesn't matter, if people will close the accts and tell people like GEMB and HSBC, to piss off this would be a better place without em!

From what i have seen, it doesn't matter, if people will close the accts and tell people like GEMB and HSBC, to piss off this would be a better place without em! And the fact that the utilization of that card isn't going to be much anyway! I wouldn't waste my time with em! The banks look at how much u have on the bank cards, not how much cl u have! And a closed acct doesn't even help with util any ways! I would close the card, that is what i did! screw em!!

I just don't get why they are doing this given Wal-Mart is still turning profits and pushing the "spend $250 get 0% interest".
remember its not Wal-Mart...its GE money bank that is doing this.

Wal-Mart is just the name on the card.

Exactly, Wal-Mart can't do anything about your account. All they can do is tell you to call the bank directly.

I've used the interest free thing twice. It's been a big help when I needed it. It's even better considering they haven't made one red cent off of my card.

Hey, I was considering exactly what you mentioned, matthewscott, the interest-free thing.

Can you really just buy a big pile of assorted stuff, and if it meets the dollar requirement ($250, I think) and hand them the slip with the offer on it, you really just don't get charged interest on that stuff as long as you pay it off before a year is up?

Is it that simple?

Hey, I was considering exactly what you mentioned, matthewscott, the interest-free thing.

Can you really just buy a big pile of assorted stuff, and if it meets the dollar requirement ($250, I think) and hand them the slip with the offer on it, you really just don't get charged interest on that stuff as long as you pay it off before a year is up?

Is it that simple?

why yes, u are correct, it is that easy! Have a great day from your local friendly walmart!

Yep. I did it twice. Once when my laptop died and again when I need new tires. In fact, I added the tires on there while I was still paying off the laptop. I made sure I had them both paid off months before the first term was up just to be sure. Just keep on top of it and work hard to get it paid off ASAP.

I got the Wal-Mart Discover by the way. I was shocked when I got it. I was going to just be happy to be approved and the credit limit was way more than what I needed for the laptop. It was on special and I got a hard drive for just over $400.