This one wont go away

sheri

Hello, Im stuck with this one. The CA is Zenith Acquisitions. The OC is Capital One. This has been on my account since june of 08, I noticed it in july on all 3 reports. I disputed it as "not mine" first, it came back as updated. then i disputed it as fraud charges. I called Capital One and they sent a letter back saying they have no account with that number or my name. Filed ID Theft with the police department. The detective on the case called Zenith and spoke to a man named Richard. He said there was a mistake and it would be deleted. I spoke with richard and a seperate time someone else. It still is on there. I am not working so I went to a legal aid attorney and he sent a letter asking to verify or remove, its been 30 days and no response. I also sent 2 certified letters to Zenith with no response. Also zenith has never sent me any letters or called. I came across it on my own. I wrote a letter and sent copies to all 3 agencies. They just put a fraud alert on my reports. I called TransUnion, she said theres nothing they can do. I dont have money to sue, so thats out. I can not even get a department store card with this on there because it is so new. my reports are all clear except for this. Richard at Zenith said this account was opened in nov of 2000 and thats all the info he had. Please any advise???

Before you file suit, try one more time...

Read this:

"605B. Block of information resulting from identity theft

(a) BLOCK- Except as otherwise provided in this section, a consumer reporting agency shall block the reporting of any information in the file of a consumer that the consumer identifies as information that resulted from an alleged identity theft, not later than 4 business days after the date of receipt by such agency of--

(1) appropriate proof of the identity of the consumer;

(2) a copy of an identity theft report;

(3) the identification of such information by the consumer; and

(4) a statement by the consumer that the information is not information relating to any transaction by the consumer..."

Now, gather all the required info, in the order and manner listed, and send it to the CRA's. The law requires the CRA's to PERMANENTLY BLOCK any accounts/transactions alleged to have originated from Id Theft/Fraud. Send a copy of the docs to Zenith for informational purposes to show they no longer have PP to perform inquiries. If the account is not permanently blocked from appearing on your CR, then do an ITS letter.

You may also wish to send complaints to the FTC, your state's AG & any other consumer protection organization you can think of. The law doesn't provide for determination or evaluation. It requires the CRA's to act according to the plain language of the statute, but only if YOU send what's required to the correct place (the CRA's).

Thanks for the advise. why capital one? I dont think they have anything to do with it. Also i dont just want this blocked, I want it to go away for good. So if i do have it blocked is there a chance it will come back? I will write to the FTC and state attorney but ive done that before and it takes a while before anything happens. I would love to sue them because i think i have a good case too. maybe I'll call around and see if anyone wants to take it.

Thank you for the help.