Bench Trial On Credit Card Collection Next Week, What Do I Do

jmoe2008

HELLO, I need some expert advise on an upcoming bench trial. I will start at the beginning. I opened a Washington Mutual Credit card account a few years ago. I got behind and before I knew it, my balance went from around $800, to over $2300. Arrow Financial took the account over and tried to collect for some time but when they refused to lower the amount back to the original total, I told them to take a hike. I got a summons in the mail from a law firm and when I went to court the first time I asked for a continuance. I went to my court appearance the second time and was asked if I accept or deny the charges. I said deny. Over the last month I have called all of the collecting parties to try to get information, but all refused to give any to me. They won't give me an original balance, any payments made, dates I used card, nothing. I have a court date coming up in the next 30 days and would love any advise someone could give me.

Thanx, Jmoe

Is it out of statute?

Gwt copies of your credit reports to see if you so not know. Equifax has the date of last payment field so it is a good place to start.

Arrow is a JDB, anything they say is really heresay. Unless they come into court with statements and proof, you can defend yourself or hire an attorney for this case that should bury them.

it is not out of statute. Account was opened in 2004 or 2005. In a move i lost all of the old statements and have no idea how much I have given them or how much i charged over all. Will Washington Mutual give Arrow Financial all of the stuff they need to collect, such as statements? If they are just statements how will they know it was my account without copies of my checks I paid them with? I guess the question is" How will they know it is me on the statements without my signature on anything. I have a VERY common name and there are at least 300 people with that name in the town I moved from. Thanx for replying.

jmoe

A few more things I forgot to mention. I keep reading about people getting something from their CA's to fill out, admitting to the debt. I have never received anything from any one. I got a crap load of phone calls on my cell and to my work, but never a letter or questionaire. The second summons didn't even show up to my house, I called the courhouse at 12:30 one day and asked if a court date had been set, and she said yes, it is at 1:30. I showed up in that hour and found out the reason it didn't show up was because they had the wrong address. I have spoken with the lawyers, something like Black, Hesenmiller, Liepsker and Moore, about 30 times. Every time requesting they send me something to validate my debt. I hadn't found this site in time for me to know I had to do it in writing. They always refused or said to call original credtor but when I called them, they said to call Arrow and when I called them they said to call one of the others. It was just a huge circle of crap. Please advise!