Midland Credit / Verizon

beachmonkey

It seems Midland is getting rather pushy about a Verizon Wireless debt and is threatening to file the case with the American Arbitration Association. They even included a "pretend" claim which looks like a legal claim but states "In the event that a claim is filed, you will receive further notice and additional information directly from the American Arbitration Association." They included a copy of a Verizon Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions pamphlet (not anything with my signature) and a copy of a bill dated November 28, 2004. They are claiming service terminated on or about Dec 17 2004, yet the bill has a total current chatges of 0.00 which tells me there was no accumulation of service charges because the service was already terminated. I dont remember the exact last date of any payment to Verizon, but doesnt SOL start at last payment?

I have sent them a DV and they responded with this. There is nothing bearing my signature, nor anything showing they have a legal right to collect. Only thing was a generic terms of agreement and a bill with my name on it.

Any advice on how to handle these guys?

I was pretty sure the SOL started at first default on payment. They are trying to say service was interupted in December of 2004, yet I switched to Sprint in August 2004. I think they are trying to play the bully game in hopes I will not put up a fight...that would be an inaccurate assumption on their part!

I am curious too if anyone else has been along this same road and how it turned out.