Sign in to follow this  
crzygrl4241

PFD Advice Needed

Hi all! It has been awhile since I last posted, however, I'm happy to report that my credit repair journey has been fairly successful so far!

I have two related questions on a PFD situation with a CA. Advice greatly needed!

1) I have a CA that is reporting on 2 CRAs and has rightfully fallen off the other.. It's technically past the 7 year mark and has been re-aged on two reports. I can't seem to get rid of it. Should I write them and offer a PFD in this situation or just continue to fight it with the other two CRAs? I'm finding it difficult to pay a company that is reporting in violation, however, this is really affecting my score.

2) Is there any recommended amount for a PFD offer? The account above is about $250 so I was thinking of offering $100 but I don't know if that is too low. I have two other CA's that are $90 each and was going to offer $60 settlement.

Did I mention how great I feel that I ruined my credit over approx $300? Smooth... :)

Thank you in advance for your help!

1) I have a CA that is reporting on 2 CRAs and has rightfully fallen off the other.. It's technically past the 7 year mark and has been re-aged on two reports. I can't seem to get rid of it. Should I write them and offer a PFD in this situation or just continue to fight it with the other two CRAs? I'm finding it difficult to pay a company that is reporting in violation, however, this is really affecting my score.

It should be on there, period. I'd send the collection agency a threatening letter that you intend to sue for reaging. I'd also send the credit bureaus a letter asking them to remove it because it's too old to be there.

2) Is there any recommended amount for a PFD offer? The account above is about $250 so I was thinking of offering $100 but I don't know if that is too low. I have two other CA's that are $90 each and was going to offer $60 settlement.

For accounts under $500, I recommend just paying off the whole thing. Just make sure you get them to remove it.

what do you do if a creditor (lawfirm/owner) tells you he can ONLY report it as paid but can not REMOVE it???

i would love to hear the answer to that question too as other than my student loan (which will be a positive TL in a couple months) i only have one baddie left which is a medical collection for $277 from 4 years ago.:lol:

Well YMMV but I would either try and find someone higher up to agree or depending on debt (SOL, amount, type, likelyhood of suit) would write them and explain that I can't justify paying them when the recent activity on the account will hurt my credit more then letting it continue to age off. First method is prefered. Of course this is YMMV.

Thank you for the advice! I agree that it shouldn't be there at all and I will keep fighting it. The really annoying thing is that the original CO that eventually became a collection fell off of all three! Just the collection remains on two. Ugh...

Really appreciate what you said about the PFD amounts. Since they are smaller I think I will go ahead and offer paid in full in exchange for deletion.

Love this board! :)++

Hi all! Back for a little moral support/advice...

Cavalry has now changed the 'Date Assigned' on all three reports to 2006. :( So it's back on TU now as well. This collection is tied to a charge-off from 2001 (of course I don't have the old statement) and that charge-off has fallen off.

So discouraged and frustrated and not sure what to do now. Do I send a more serious letter to Cavalry?

The date assigned does not matter. The 7-7.5 year reporting period is determined by the date of first deliquency (DOFD). If it's been on your CR for longer than that period, then it should come off.

Dispute with the CRAs. Do you know for sure when this went deliquent? If you are not sure, you can request old statements from your bank or contact the OC and request a full account and payment history.

The date assigned does not matter. The 7-7.5 year reporting period is determined by the date of first deliquency (DOFD). If it's been on your CR for longer than that period, then it should come off.

Dispute with the CRAs. Do you know for sure when this went deliquent? If you are not sure, you can request old statements from your bank or contact the OC and request a full account and payment history.

That is a great idea to contact the OC for account and payment history. That may help show when they transferred to Cavalry. It went delinquent in August of 2001. I'm not sure that my CRs show the DOFD for the CAs but I may not be reading it correctly.

Thank you!