Krash

All This Talk About CLD's... Post Here The name of the creditor that did it!

I have had my Delta Skymiles for over a year with perfect history and my scores are now 50 pts. higher. I bought some airplane tickets yesterday and when I went to log on today, there was no available balance showing.

So I called and was told that due to an old (15yr) derogatory AMEX account showing, my card was cancelled. The CSR said that due to the "extreme credit crisis our country is in" AMEX was tightening it's standards.

I Loved that card. My utilization had been below 10% and after yesterday would have been about 25%.

here is what I am thinking, the CLD's are comming from the bank being able to extend credit to more people with worse credit by using your cl and reducing it, gives them more "available" cash! I could be wrong, but on the other hand I bet they are using the available cash from your cld's to help pay bills with! Just a thought!

i think they are doing it so the ceo's dont look as bad when they look at their books. ie 200 buck cld to 100,000 customers = 20 million less of exposure.

:roll:

Lowe's (GEMB): $750 -> $224. No reason given. Haven't used this card in about a year.

Excuse Me!!!!! But what just exactly what the Heck would you dare buy on that Card at Lowes other than a couple of Paint Brushes and not blow debt ratio I'd just pay cash and Screw 'Em8-)

TransUnion 698

Equifax 696

Experian 710

fako 717

:roll:

Excuse Me!!!!! But what just exactly what the Heck would you dare buy on that Card at Lowes other than a couple of Paint Brushes and not blow debt ratio I'd just pay cash and Screw

They did the same thing to me (CLD'ed from 1200->224)...just kissed em goodbye a few hours ago. Paypal is next on my chopping block (CLDed from 8000->124). Will be GEMB-free once that one's gone.

I have one more to add:

Wife just got upgraded from a Macy's Visa to a Macy's Gold Visa (she had no choice- it was sent to her to activate) . When she activated it tonight, she noticed the limit decreased from $10,000 -> $500. Reason given by customer service: Inactivity.

Macy's Visa is underwritten by Department Store National Bank.

Macy's still has her at $5000 for the store card.

I have one more to add:

Wife just got upgraded from a Macy's Visa to a Macy's Gold Visa (she had no choice- it was sent to her to activate) . When she activated it tonight, she noticed the limit decreased from $10,000 -> $500. Reason given by customer service: Inactivity.

Macy's Visa is underwritten by Department Store National Bank.

Macy's still has her at $5000 for the store card.

Looks like the Gold in that Visa is more like Pyrite (Fools' Gold).

AMEX did it!

I posted in another forum about this, but Amex Delta Platinum actually CLOSED the account. Got a CLI last year, always PIF (or close to it), never late etc, over 2 years with them.....

When I called and worked my way to a supervisor, they said that Experian shows negs, public records, high utilization, inquiries etc...

I was looking at TrueCredit during the call.... None of the above was true and my scores are much higher now than when I applied....

Really sad!

My AMEX was cancelled 11/20. I logged on, saw no available balance and called and was told it was cancelled due to derogs, etc. on my EX report. My EX FICO score is 90 pts higher than when I was approved 14 months ago. They said that they had sent a letter. Yesterday 12/12 I got the letter dated 11/20.

I guess they don't want to give notice so you don't run the crad up...Makes sense.

My CL does show $600 (was $1600) on AMEX online so it doesn't like like I'm overdrawn. I hope it will show that way when it posts to the CB's.

My AMEX was cancelled 11/20. I logged on, saw no available balance and called and was told it was cancelled due to derogs, etc. on my EX report. My EX FICO score is 90 pts higher than when I was approved 14 months ago. They said that they had sent a letter. Yesterday 12/12 I got the letter dated 11/20.

I guess they don't want to give notice so you don't run the crad up...Makes sense.

My CL does show $600 (was $1600) on AMEX online so it doesn't like like I'm overdrawn. I hope it will show that way when it posts to the CB's.

Sounds like AMEX is not treating their customers right AT ALL - no matter their credit history. I've been reading a lot of the boards about the CLD's and it seems AMEX is hacking away at the CL's or closing the cards. Sad, Sad - makes me not want to apply with them for about another year or 2; until the US gets out of this credit chaos.

Aspire Visa "claims" to be shuttering their credit card business entirely....so the DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS no less, the card will be shut down...AND to top it off, they CLD from $1275 to $1130. It was my highest tradeline....AND I've never been late on it for all 4-5 years I've had it. I'm pissed...and now that's gonna sit on my credit report like a sore dagonne thumb and it's not even my fault!

Juniper 3 times, Amex twice and WF once ! Keep in mind that I have had no baddies nor lates and have been an ideal customer !! A-Holes :twisted:

Somehow I suspect that with the new dynamics, the best customer is an "EX-Customer"

And the feeling will be mutual (onto my sh*t list anyone who dares try it they will go)

I agree. My Sh*t List is already populated by

GEMB

Amex

$hittybank

Crap1

No way in hell will I ever do business with these outfits again. The credit crisis we are in will end, my anger towards these companies will not. In fact, to this day (even though I closed my Crap1 card years ago) when I see a Crap1 commercial on TV and they ask "What's in your wallet?" I shout out "Not your piece of sh*t"

Lowe's went from 1000 to 490. Have 483 charged on it.

Sea Miles went down to...a few dollars from being maxed out.

All the credit cards that had no balance were cancelled or dropped to $100

Macy's and HSBC.

In other news.....crown raised my credit limit up to $3000...haha