Krash

All This Talk About CLD's... Post Here The name of the creditor that did it!

I spoke to my friend yesterday and he told me AMEX dropped him for a lame excuse.

I cannot believe how AMEX is treating many of its customers...sadness :(

Target Visa - CLOSED my account for inactivity. $3400.00 to ZERO.

That blows! I think I might need to go use my Express card soon. Inactivity might happen to me.

I spoke to my friend yesterday and he told me AMEX dropped him for a lame excuse.

I cannot believe how AMEX is treating many of its customers...sadness :(

They are the worse to me ! Woke up this morning and I had received two emails a phone call and a letter on the way. I called them and they were so happy to close my cards. I went from a $30,000 CL to $1,000 today and I have always been a good customer. They charged me a $49 fee for one CC that they were not suppose to and since I have a $0 balance on all 3 CC's right now I didn't know anything was due. I called Amex and the rep said " oh yeah I'll take that charge and the late fee off sorry so you should probably close this CC as well !!!! " To Hell with Amex..........

They are the worse to me ! Woke up this morning and I had received two emails a phone call and a letter on the way. I called them and they were so happy to close my cards. I went from a $30,000 CL to $1,000 today and I have always been a good customer. They charged me a $49 fee for one CC that they were not suppose to and since I have a $0 balance on all 3 CC's right now I didn't know anything was due. I called Amex and the rep said " oh yeah I'll take that charge and the late fee off sorry so you should probably close this CC as well !!!! " To Hell with Amex..........

I found out this weekend my friend's AMEX card will be reinstated on April 1st; had to pay a collections on this CR to get it reopened - weird situation if you ask me. We shall see if AMEX approves his request...

I found out this weekend my friend's AMEX card will be reinstated on April 1st; had to pay a collections on this CR to get it reopened - weird situation if you ask me. We shall see if AMEX approves his request...

I don't want them to reinstate my CC's they have become the EX of the CC world.....:mrgreen:

Wow I finally got one. And I'm pissed because it's so fricking stupid. JC Penney's cut me down to $170 from $300. My balance is $160. WOW that huge $300 limit must have really been a risk to them! :shock::roll:

I just sent them an email telling them to close the fricking card. I was hoping that since I was almost at 2 years with them they would maybe be giving me a CLI soon. I've been at $300 for almost 2 years now........

They are officially fired and they can kiss my a$$!

xshakeitxxshakeitxxshakeitxxshakeitx

Wow I finally got one. And I'm pissed because it's so fricking stupid. JC Penney's cut me down to $170 from $300. My balance is $160. WOW that huge $300 limit must have really been a risk to them! :shock::roll:

I just sent them an email telling them to close the fricking card. I was hoping that since I was almost at 2 years with them they would maybe be giving me a CLI soon. I've been at $300 for almost 2 years now........

Thats just plain sad and stupid ! I mean its $300 why would they cut your CL ? Trust me they want consumers to go away from using CC's. I wish we could fight back and beat all the Big Banks !!!!!

One late fee and you are now over limit and get hit with an over limit fee. They know exactly what they are doing when they shave the Credit limit so close to the balance - they are gambling you will be 1 second late or one cent short.

One late fee and you are now over limit and get hit with an over limit fee. They know exactly what they are doing when they shave the Credit limit so close to the balance - they are gambling you will be 1 second late or one cent short.

I'm going to try to have them paid off in two months so that very thing won't happen. And I'm going to go make a small payment now so I won't be so close to my limit. They aren't going to get any more of my money! :twisted:

I just realized that the Target CLD from $1500 -> $1000 that happened in february also involved removing my $75 available cash withdrawal privilege. Lol!! What am I going to do now?

My wife had a similar situation with AMEX back in January. Could use some advise on this. She has had the card (an AMEX gold $20000 limit) for 21 YEARS!!! No lates and always low utilization. It had zero balance at the end of the year. She forgot to pay the card fees in January, the only charges were for the dues. So, AMEX zeroed out the balance and cancelled the card in March.... I was shocked that they would treat a good, long-time customer like that. When we called to explain they said "no deal" won't reinstate, but you can reapply.... Should we talk to higher ups, reapply, or just flip them the bird? This now shows up as a late pay negative account on her credit.... Help!!!!

My wife had a similar situation with AMEX back in January. Could use some advise on this. She has had the card (an AMEX gold $20000 limit) for 21 YEARS!!! No lates and always low utilization. It had zero balance at the end of the year. She forgot to pay the card fees in January, the only charges were for the dues. So, AMEX zeroed out the balance and cancelled the card in March.... I was shocked that they would treat a good, long-time customer like that. When we called to explain they said "no deal" won't reinstate, but you can reapply.... Should we talk to higher ups, reapply, or just flip them the bird? This now shows up as a late pay negative account on her credit.... Help!!!!

Its a different company and maybe comparing apples to oranges, but ealier in the thread I posted about Best Buy (HSBC). I complained to the BBB and they backed off what they did and restored my account to what it originally was...Not saying it would work for you since they different companies but seems like an everything to gain nothing to lose oppurtunity.

Well, like I said mine wasn't AMEX but HSBC.

I called HSBC first to and give them a chance to fix the mess, and got the run around....After that I just did an online complaint with the BBB and 2 - 2 1/2 weeks later I got a letter saying they argeed to my request/demands.

Again, being a different company Amex might not be as acomidating, but the worst thing that can happen is you complain to the BBB and they tell you to #$@ off. On the hand they might just do what you want...

AMEX- from $20K to $3,700

Home Depot- from $2K to $1,300

Beneficial Line of Credit- from $14K to $7,700

Barclays - no change

Cap One- no change

Macy's Silver Card- no change

First Premier - no change in 10years!! still only $250 limit

Chase- no change

Dell- no change

So far the only one to do this to me has been Wal-Mart. They just did it this month after a year. I started at $300 and during the past year got two increases at my request so it was up to $450. Which was fine with me since I don't use the card that much. The past couple of months I've used it some and it was up to $350. It's currently at $224. They decreased me to $230. I don't get it. I've spent a year or slightly more paying on time, generally much more than the minimum payment and suddenly I'm such a great risk that they decrease my limit (which was pretty miniscule anyway) to just about nothing. Worst of all I can't get anyone on the phone to talk about this. The credit service center has no options for talking to a living being.

To the previous poster. Walmart just did this to me also. Hit 0 on the phone when you get connected, that will get you a human being.

I could spit nails right now, I screamed at the lady told them they could shove it where the sun didn't shine. They reduced my credit limit from 300 to 150 and I have paid more than the minimum every single time. I wish I could really let them have it. I'm so mad, I told her that I would just pay it off and close it and find another place to shop. Its obscene

:evil:::rtfm::xSteaminx Then she had the audacity to ask me if I wanted to "protect" my account in case of job loss, i.e. spend money on THEIR insurance plan. I'd love to have one of those stupid executives in front of me to just scream at.

To the previous poster. Walmart just did this to me also. Hit 0 on the phone when you get connected, that will get you a human being.

I could spit nails right now, I screamed at the lady told them they could shove it where the sun didn't shine. They reduced my credit limit from 300 to 150 and I have paid more than the minimum every single time. I wish I could really let them have it. I'm so mad, I told her that I would just pay it off and close it and find another place to shop. Its obscene

:evil:::rtfm::xSteaminx Then she had the audacity to ask me if I wanted to "protect" my account in case of job loss, i.e. spend money on THEIR insurance plan. I'd love to have one of those stupid executives in front of me to just scream at.

I sent them a nasty e-mail through their online meassage center. I finally got a letter on Friday advising me of the change. It was dated April 6th. And it takes until April 24th to arrive? I'm just going to pay this off and never use it again. I may never go to Wal-Mart again. I'm not really a dedicated Wal-Mart shopper anyway.

A week ago Amex Delta Gold reduced my credit line from $4500 to $1800. This occurred less than 5min after I charged $200 worth of plane tickets to the card. My balance on the card was $1450 prior to charging the plane tickets. I am now transferring the entire balance off the card! Not getting any more of my money!!!

GEMB closed my sutherlands card without any notice, I had 0 balance and when I tried to use it, they said it's closed you need to reapply...I said NO!!!:rolleyes:

Yeah GEMB did the same with me and my Banana Republic CC. I had a $0 balance and a $1,500 CL..... Oh Well whats new screw'em :mrgreen: