What to do first?

a_movingtarget

Hey forum,

Here is a snapshot of my situation, maybe someone can help me by advising on what to do first:

1. Judgment: Collection Agency for $5019--continue on record until July 2011.

(also have another judgment that I paid and now shows up 2x both as paid, weird hoping that goes away soon...)

2. A few random collection accounts and 2 charge offs. Some of the collections should drop off next year sometime.

I would appreciate any input on how I should proceed. i.e. Should I try to settle for a % of the (1.) judgment and ask for a written document stating removal from CR, or should I pay the collections that will not drop off for a while still?

THANKS!!!!

Here's one...

The judgement from the collection agency says "medical" in my equifax report but I have never had a significant medical procedure or even a medical bill that amounts to $5019 or anywhere near that amount. In fact, since I've been a teenager even, I've been to the doctor less than a handful of times and only for the odd cold. What do the experts suggest with that little doozie?

Just more proof that the CRA's and the debt collection business in general are a bunch of crooks with no regard for the folks they screw along the way.

If you dispute that item as "not medical" I wonder if they just remove the notation. Worth a shot for sure. The tradeline could miss verifying it, but for that dollar amount I bet they won't.

Just more proof that the CRA's and the debt collection business in general are a bunch of crooks with no regard for the folks they screw along the way.

If you dispute that item as "not medical" I wonder if they just remove the notation. Worth a shot for sure. The tradeline could miss verifying it, but for that dollar amount I bet they won't.

It might just glue it to his credit report, since he's admitting that he owes the amount....