Out of options?

msteve0000

Hey Forum,

Yesterday, I was denied a student CC from my credit union with 1 derog on my EQ, EX CR. My scores are in the low 700's. I'm a student and I'll be applying for a student loan this Jan.. For one year I've battle Portfolio Recovery over a PAID debt. Scheduled to be removed in 5/09. I have disputed, sent a goodwill letter(never received a response, or sent to wrong person). Has anyone ever had any success with Portfolio? I'm out of options with CB's. The last time I disputed they placed a fraud alert against me. It was later dropped. I was thinking about sending another goodwill letter. Not sure of right person to address it to. Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.

MS

With a score in the low 700's, is it really hurting you? Was it that tradeline that caused the loan denial?

It's quite old if its due to be removed in 2009 and is probably not reducing your score at all - esp if its paid.

Maybe try another lender? Perhaps your CU is just a stickler. With a low 700 score you shouldn't have very many problems, even with 1 bad mark.

Hey Forum,

Yesterday, I was denied a student CC from my credit union with 1 derog on my EQ, EX CR. My scores are in the low 700's. I'm a student and I'll be applying for a student loan this Jan.. For one year I've battle Portfolio Recovery over a PAID debt. Scheduled to be removed in 5/09. I have disputed, sent a goodwill letter(never received a response, or sent to wrong person). Has anyone ever had any success with Portfolio? I'm out of options with CB's. The last time I disputed they placed a fraud alert against me. It was later dropped. I was thinking about sending another goodwill letter. Not sure of right person to address it to. Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.

MS

Hey Forum,

MS

The good advise here on the forums is never pay a CA.If you do get a paid for delete letter.These Ca they just want your money then they disappear.

Now if you call them or write them good will letter who cares,but be prepared to offer them more money to delete this account they will happily do that.The other way is just keep bothering CBs and this time dispute it not mine.Do not send any proofs of payment to credit bureaus thats even worse.

good luck