Opinions on best 1st move

dodger23

I've heard Disputing with the CRA's first is the most effective way to begin clearing info off of your CR's..... also have read that DVing CA's and verifying with OC's should be done first.

The CRA's have online dispute vehicles that are easy to use and thus tempting

What say all?

The way I did it was I disputed all old personal information first. Such as old addresses and phone numbers. You might be able to quickly and easily remove those by disputing online, but disputing any other information online is highly recommended against.

I've heard Disputing with the CRA's first is the most effective way to begin clearing info off of your CR's..... also have read that DVing CA's and verifying with OC's should be done first.

The CRA's have online dispute vehicles that are easy to use and thus tempting

What say all?

Never use the online dispute method. The recent 2006 FACTA amendment treats these differently than the well-known methods.

Every situation is different, but if you have any actively collecting tradelines (getting phone calls/letters) - I would think those demand the most of your attention.

Right on, thanks. I noticed my old personal stuff came off before I was notified by email---took 1 day with EXP

So now if Furrnishers (OC's and CA's) have to report accurate and complete information to the CRA (s):

The DV or Verification must not point out the errors on the CRA report, eh?

And if there is no action by the OC or CA or the information stays the same on the CR then ITT??? or is there a next step