dizzyliz

Experian Unable to Send Method of Verification

I recently disputed 4 items on my credit report and DV'd the Collection Agency's as well. 1 item was deleted, 1 was changed and the other two were supposedly verified. Now since I still haven't received DV from any of the CA's (it's been almost 2 months now), I sent a Method of Validation letter to the CRA. This letter contained the report #, my name, address, what items I wanted Method of Verification for and their account #'s. I just received a letter back from Experian telling me...

"We were unable to honor your recent request because you did not provide sufficient identification information for us to verify your identity."

They are asking that I send My full name, Address, SS#, Date of Birth, a Copy of my ID/license AND a copy of a utility bill, bank or insurance statement, etc. Are they allowed to ask for this information when sending out Method of Verification? I thought the report # with my name and address would be sufficient.

I recently disputed 4 items on my credit report and DV'd the Collection Agency's as well. 1 item was deleted, 1 was changed and the other two were supposedly verified. Now since I still haven't received DV from any of the CA's (it's been almost 2 months now), I sent a Method of Validation letter to the CRA. This letter contained the report #, my name, address, what items I wanted Method of Verification for and their account #'s. I just received a letter back from Experian telling me...

"We were unable to honor your recent request because you did not provide sufficient identification information for us to verify your identity."

They are asking that I send My full name, Address, SS#, Date of Birth, a Copy of my ID/license AND a copy of a utility bill, bank or insurance statement, etc. Are they allowed to ask for this information when sending out Method of Verification? I thought the report # with my name and address would be sufficient.

doesn't a MOV go to an OC, not the CRA?

@ andres When disputed with a CRA, if requested, they have to provide the method they used to verify the information.

@ dizzyliz Yes, they can ask for this information. But I'll make it easy for you. They used eoscar.

@ dizzyliz Yes, they can ask for this information. But I'll make it easy for you. They used eoscar.

I know what eoscar is, but I don't understand your reply.

he was trying to save you the time and aggravation of attempting to get MOV from a CRA...they dont feel they have to do anything but hit a few buttons and viola! its verified.

here is a letter (from TransUnion) but similar to what you will get.

TUMOVredact.jpg