Is Brachfeld Ass Under LVNV Umbrella?

bobbiest

I am in dv with Nelson, Watson & Associates and also included LVNV Resurgent / Sherman Companies. I was on my dh TrueCredit and noticed that a Brachfeld As did a credit pull yesterday. I thought I had read on here that they are part of LVNV, etc umbrella. Is this correct? Has anyone ever dv'd anything just from their credit report? DH has not received any phone calls or dunning letters so was going to try and beat them to the punch before these or they sue him. We will countersue if they do as I have a few violations already. They just keep racking them up, lol They have account listed as installment account, late 120 days, updated information on eq while in dispute and now this inquiry (if under the same company). May even be more violations if I look closely enough, lol.

To my knowledge, Brach & Assoc. is not directly related to the LVNV umbrella. They are used heavily though because it appears that they get results and are not very lawful in the way they go about it.

Why do they get away with it? There are so many out there that do not know their rights. The majority of consumers remain passive, and do not hold these lawbreakers accountable.

Good luck with your situation, not that you'll need it - they like to violate!

StressPot :)++

To my knowledge, Brach & Assoc. is not directly related to the LVNV umbrella. They are used heavily though because it appears that they get results and are not very lawful in the way they go about it.

Why do they get away with it? There are so many out there that do not know their rights. The majority of consumers remain passive, and do not hold these lawbreakers accountable.

Good luck with your situation, not that you'll need it - they like to violate!

StressPot :)++

Thanks for the info. I will just let them go and build up the violations. I know have a NACA lawyer. She is already working on another case.

If this debt is now owned by LVNV, then I am not sure why B&A would mislead you to think it is still owned by the OC.

Did you ever get a letter or statement from LVNV or a CA stating that LVNV had purchased the debt? Does LVNV have an open trade line on your credit report?

I'd definitely hold onto the dunning letter and use it as a violation against B&A. Misleading is misleading (IF LVNV indeed is the current debt owner).

Looking forward to updates, and again good luck!

StressPot xdancex

If this debt is now owned by LVNV, then I am not sure why B&A would mislead you to think it is still owned by the OC.

Did you ever get a letter or statement from LVNV or a CA stating that LVNV had purchased the debt? Does LVNV have an open trade line on your credit report?

I'd definitely hold onto the dunning letter and use it as a violation against B&A. Misleading is misleading (IF LVNV indeed is the current debt owner).

Looking forward to updates, and again good luck!

StressPot xdancex

B&A only has Origintator and Originator account #, along with a reference #, Princp due, interest due. In body of letter the word client is used but no mention of who is their client.

This is the same account # that LVNV claims to own. Have not been able to find a letter for transfer from HSBC to LVNV and yes, LVNV has an open trade line open on credit report (at least one). It looks like two have deleted due to my disputes but still remains on one CRA. I am still waiting on paper replys from CRAs.

I also think it is very misleading and that they meant to do that. Oh yes, I hold onto all letters and will continue to do so until the time comes as I may need them.

Like you, I am dealing with B&A and they are attempting to collect for LVNV. They have been calling since October 28, amazingly I have yet to receive a written notice, even though every time they call I ask for one, I even gave them a fax number to send it to. They tried telling me they faxed it and I told them "No you didn't, I have Vonage and am able to view EVERY call that I receive whether it is voice or fax." If you speak to a Bradford (sp?) he is a class A jerk. He accused me of throwing my mail out and just stalling. I mailed them a DV including a request to only communicate through USPS, they tried telling me they did not receive it, to bad I have a signed receipt in my possession.

I am waiting for them to file suit so I can file a counter suit against them. In the mean time you should check out the following link.

http://www.brachfeldcollections.com/forms/collection_methodology.pdf

Like you, I am dealing with B&A and they are attempting to collect for LVNV. They have been calling since October 28, amazingly I have yet to receive a written notice, even though every time they call I ask for one, I even gave them a fax number to send it to. They tried telling me they faxed it and I told them "No you didn't, I have Vonage and am able to view EVERY call that I receive whether it is voice or fax." If you speak to a Bradford (sp?) he is a class A jerk. He accused me of throwing my mail out and just stalling. I mailed them a DV including a request to only communicate through USPS, they tried telling me they did not receive it, to bad I have a signed receipt in my possession.

I am waiting for them to file suit so I can file a counter suit against them. In the mean time you should check out the following link.

http://www.brachfeldcollections.com/forms/collection_methodology.pdf

Thanks for advice. This board has been so helpful and I use all the advice given here. I know what I am dealing with and actually hope they send more violations my way.

Spoke with B&A today and they are also misleading me to who the owner is, they told me that owner is still OC even though it has been sold to LVNV. B&A is a very dishonest company, I still have yet to receive a dunning letter even though they originally contacted me on Oct 28. I do not like these people.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the exact same position with B&A (LVNV) now, and I need help on what to do.I have recieved the same letter on 12-05-08 from B&A and it says they are representing the OC, which sold it a year ago to LVNV who currently has a "disputed" TL on my CR and never answered my DV from June.I don't know if I should DV B&A or hold on to the letter as a violation? My 30 day time limit to respond to B&A is approaching fast....if i even need to respond.......someone?

By allmeans DV, never let that oportunity slip by. I rather asuume when they say they are collecting for OC they mean "new OC" a term new to me until recently. Nutshell they are saying we are only a CA. I am curious to see how long it will take them to try justifying 3 TL same account, OC JDB (new OC) and CA, we all know how creative they can be.