Child Support collection credit reports

I was just wondering about this.

Article XIV, Section 1 of the US Constitution reads as follows:

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

So, how is it that our legislators were able to write the current "Deadbeat Dad" laws? How were the current policies and procedures surrounding Child Support collection allowed to be accepted and put into place?

Perhaps the law was written to punish "dead beat dads" more so then "dead beat moms"?

I know in WA, the law and fairness sides with the mothers. In WA, I believe the mom would get sole custody of the children if she sold and abused drugs while the father was a straight laced banker making six figures a year.

So I can see where the OP is coming from, the laws can be very unfair to the father, dead beat or not. In that respect, the law violation would be ..."nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."?

Am I wrong?

Just my .02 cents worth...

StressPot :)++

Actually, I think he's referring to the "without due process" part. They have a lot of latitude with very little oversight. I'm not defending people who are genuinely trying to escape their obligations, but there are an awful lot of people being screwed by the current child support system and laws, and they have little to no recourse because the system is set up only for retribution/punishment. Trying to clear up a mistake made by the system is nearly impossible.

Just an example. My boyfriend lived in State1. His son lived in State2. My boyfriend got behind in child support. Boyfriend moved to State2. Child moved to State1. Boyfriend making double support payments to State1. State2 demanded payment. Boyfriend sent all evidence and paperwork showing he was making double payments to State1. All was well. Three months later, State2 again demanded payment and now has months of "accrual". Repeat evidence. All was well. Three months later, same thing! We can't clear his name in State2 no matter how hard we try and there's no process to do so. They can put him in jail, seize his license, garnish his wages...and we're already paying to State1 !