How do I remove paid collections

bspmedic

I have 5 paid accounts on my CR. One is a judgement that I thought I was settling out of court. Two are mortgage companies reporting delinquencies (my ex-wife rang'em up until letters from an attorney finally forced her to refy, removing my name). Another from a car loan reporting delinqencies, same ex problem. Lastly a settled account with a CA. I have been reading forums and have removed many others (7 or so) from my CR simply by emailing the CA or OC and asking if they would remove them. I am down to the remaining five. All are paid or settled. Until I read everyone's advice I thought the best thing to do was to pay. Now I seem stuck with these final five. I have called them and asked explaining the circumstances to no avail. Several told me I should dispute them, I guess they know they won't reply and the reports will be removed, I don't know. The biggest problem I have is I have no paperwork regarding any of the accounts except what is on my CR. I seem to be at a standstill and am possibly in need of encouragement. :? I could greatly benefit from the help of the forum gurus who I know are doing a great service to those whithout the knowledge. As I have read "knowledge is power". Good luck to all and maybe some of the replies could help others. Thanks.

This has probably been asked dozens of times.

I have had fantastic results by simply telling the CRAs,

"Dear CRA, the following TL(s) is/are inaccurate. Please verify or delete it/them as soon as possible. Thank you."

(List TLs)

Another thing I would recommend is not to use that when disputing a detail in a positive credit item or at least be careful with your wording. They would delete the account from your credit report!

The only thing you really can do is dispute them as inaccurate with the CRA's. If the CA's verify then you are pretty much stuck with them, but there is a good possibility that they will get deleted.

I don't see why a CA would actually waste their time verifying a paid debt. If it actually came back verified, I would try again.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, negative credit items such as judgments can be removed, even if accurate, after enough time has passed. For judgments it's usually seven years and for a bankruptcy it is ten years.

This is not to say that you can't get negative items removed sooner if you have a valid dispute.

It seems you may have two problems:

(1) You may not have a valid dispute. You will need to have a reason why the negative item should not be there. I assume they may be showing up as settled & past due. If you simply claim it was settled, there really is no dispute. That you went through a divorce is not enough. You may need to be more specific, such as, that the debt was not in your name. Remember, to get it removed, you need to have a dispute with the company reporting the debt. Not just a dispute with your wife.

(2) You say that you had seven other negative items removed. This is allot. Credit reporting agency's may flag you as someone who is simply trying to remove all negative items. You already removed seven negative items and are trying to remove five more. Your allegation that there were twelve mistakes on your report at one time may not be accepted.

If you allow some time to pass, state a valid dispute, and try again you may have better luck. For past due accounts, as previously posted, if the dispute is accepted by the CRA and the company reporting it does not respond in time, it must come off. Judgments are different. Unless you are claiming that the judgment is against someone else with a similar name, you must dispute it in the court/jurisdiction where it was entered (legal action).

Author, *********LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR************

Thanks for everyones' advice. It helps to empower you when others are so supportive.

By the way the judgement was a suprise to me. I did go to court and met with the opposing attorney, we settled. I thought this was an "out of court" deal. Imagine my suprise when it showed up on my CR when applying for a loan. Any angles on how to handle this would be great.

Thanks for everyones' advice. It helps to empower you when others are so supportive.

By the way the judgement was a suprise to me. I did go to court and met with the opposing attorney, we settled. I thought this was an "out of court" deal. Imagine my suprise when it showed up on my CR when applying for a loan. Any angles on how to handle this would be great.

Try pulling your innovis and lexis/nexis CRs and dispute them as inaccurate on all of the CRs that it shows up on.

Just write them a letter demanding your free annual credit report and treat it like a normal credit report when disputing verifying etc. I think the 3 main ones cross reference with these guys. I've not had a public record so I can't say that it works, but I think it should. I mean how else could you get it removed?

Lexis/Nexis

Welcome to LexisNexis

LexisNexis Consumer Access Program

Attn: Consumer Inquiry Department

P.O. Box 810004

Boca Raton, FL 33481

Innovis

1-800-540-2505

Innovis

Attn: Consumer Assistance

P.O. Box 1358

Columbus, OH 43216-1358

Good luck. :)

That is an interesting idea. I did some brief research and these are basically public records. It will be a new thing for me. The seven items I had removed were done by good will to the CA's. Now I am disputing three and still have the judgement. I have a feeling this is going to be the hardest. Thanks for the idea.