Anyone heard of Debt Advisors?

tvalentine09

Heard of Debt Advisors?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used a company know as debt advisors http://www.ccdebtadvisors.com to settle my debt they did a great job. I told my brother about them and he went online to check them out. He wants to know why there is not much else known about them online other than their website. Should we be concerned? I mean they did a great job for me...

I am currently in a program that was setup through Debt Advisors. I am actually represented by the Matthews Law Firm. Debt Advisors does the enrollment for a debt settlement program that is run by the matthews firm. I have not had any problems with the service at all. I bugged my counselor with question after question for about a month before I started. I ended up letting my debt grow while I decided, however I would do it the same way again if I had to. It may have taken awhile, but I feel confident that I made the right decision.

As for being concerned about them not having much of a web presence...

Maybe they just don't believe in online advertising... who knows?

My advisor there gave me all of the options and I decided to go with these guys. So far, so good. They placed me with a law firm. Be careful if any service you go with doesn't place you with a law firm. Only an attorney can give you the help you really need. There are tons of non-attorney firms out there. Anyway, good luck! I'd recommend Debt Advisors.

Members.....

We are reviewing this thread. I do not personally advise or recommend this service. According to their site:

"When you have accumulated sufficient amounts to pay off a debt, we negotiate with your creditors to lower the amount you owe.

Once the negotiations are complete, we finalize a settlement with the creditor and pay them the negotiated (lower) amount in full satisfaction of the debt.

Once settled, you will receive a final statement from your creditor showing a $0 balance."

Notice "when you have accumulated sufficient amounts....." That means they will pay no bills until you have sent THEM sufficient money to negotiate a settlement. The settlement will be on your CR along with your late pays, since this 'firm' will not be paying your bills in the interim.

May lock thread and ban *1 time* posters.....

Stay tuned....

Why would you pay someone for something you can do yourself? I clicked on the link in the first post and they say they can settlee cc det at 40 to 60%.Well, so can I.

I filed bk in 05. Prior to my filing {at about the 150 day default mark} I got 2 completely unssolicited settlement offers. Cap1 at 50% and Chase at 45%. No doubt in my mind that had settlement been my end game I could have negoiated similar deals with all my other creditors.

First things first... My thoughts about this.

“WOW, are you kidding me.”

Ok. I am the new webmaster for Debt Advisors. Part of that requires I help promote our new website, and part of that requires, I check on our ratings. And to my amazement this comes up on Google...

In the sake of clearing our name.

What happened with this post was not authorized by me or Debt Advisors in anyway. We are checking into this.

Moderator, contact me. I will send you an email as well.

Tremaine Floyd

Debt Advisors

Webmaster

tfloyd@ccdebtadvisors.com

First things first... My thoughts about this.

“WOW, are you kidding me.”

Ok. I am the new webmaster for Debt Advisors. Part of that requires I help promote our new website, and part of that requires, I check on our ratings. And to my amazement this comes up on Google...

In the sake of clearing our name.

What happened with this post was not authorized by me or Debt Advisors in anyway. We are checking into this.

Moderator, contact me. I will send you an email as well.

Tremaine Floyd

Debt Advisors

Webmaster

tfloyd@ccdebtadvisors.com

It's standard for us to advise people to never use a professional service. This post about you will not be the last as long as you are in business (that's your job, right?). Similarly nice things have been written about me. :)

For those at home....definitely don't use any debt program. You can do it for yourself cheaper. Read this about debt negotiation companies(which is what this comapny is).

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/debt/debt-negotiation.php