BoA secured card, defaulted acct 2 yrs ago?

Hey guys I need some help here. I've been improving my credit situation for the last 6 months and I am looking to get a secured credit card. I've heard very good things about the BoA secured visa. However, I had an account with them about two years ago that was defaulted and never sent to collections, total less than $200. Should I forget about opening a secure card with them? Will it come back to haunt me?

If so, could anyone suggest a good secured card that will upgrade me to a non-secure card after a year of good payment history? My scores, FAKO's are: TU 560, EX 515, EQ 573... I'm getting the baddies off, but I need to get some positive TL's. Thanks in advance.

Update: I decided to go and try for an HSBC secured card on the card selector and poof, I was approved for the Household Bank Platinum unsecured! Maybe I was too hard on myself, lol. Anyway, thanks for the help guys... I love this website!:)