Hsbc Not giving CLI.. anyone have Another number to call?

So i called HSBC to see if i could get a CLI and they lady told me to they are not giving CLI and that they will review my account at some point in time to see if i will be granted a CLI... Anyone have a number to call to get a better result...

Note that i only had the card since may 08 (so seven months), so that could be one reason..

I don't mean to rub it in, for those getting decreases, but I've gotten no decreases, only a few increases. I cannot crack the code of why they are giving ruthless decreases to some but not others. I'm certainly no financial winner, so what gives?

If they said no, don't bother asking again. Like they said, they'll give you a CLI if/when they feel like it. Calling another number won't help.

I can't figure it out either... I'm getting all kinds of pre approvals through the mail yet others are getting decreases up the yang.

Any way, to talk to the decision makers at HSBC just call and tell them you want to cancel your account. The out sourced dude will then transfer you to an english speaking person who will try and convince you to keep the account. Then just tell them the limit is too low.

Eddie

Just be careful with that because some people have reported that as soon as the word "cancel" left their lips, the account was cancelled.

That happened to me with WaMu. I told the "outsourced" guy that I was just thinking of closing my account and his next words were, "I have closed that account for you."

I asked if he could reverse it and he said yes. There was a little bit of a hassle in which it was reopened, but later that day after another phone call or two.

Sometimes these people are quick with the "close account" trigger finger!