In need of credit tutorial.

marissart

-My husband has some charge offs on his credit. Between the three credit reports, the dates and high balances are all different. If I dispute them, do they get removed from the report or do they just correct the mistake and leave it on?

-He also has a judgement on the report and I know the date on the credit report is wrong. Can that come off or do they just correct the mistake? I do have proof that the date is wrong but I don't want them to keep it on my report because I have proof that it exists. What do I do?

-Is there any way to get late pays off of a mortgage or a student loan?

We would like to buy a new house in the next year and sometimes I think that there is no hope. Can anyone give me advice and maybe a little bit of hope thrown in?

I think I started with about 16 negative tradelines on my reports back in January. I disputed online (because it was easy) right away. About 5 dropped off with my first dispute. When the smoke cleared, I had about 10 or 11 left, so I disputed them again. Another 3 dropped off.

I then sent letters to all of the companies that remained requesting an investigation. Most didn't reply, but with that another couple dropped off. I then filed BBB complaints for the ones remaining. I received answers to all of my complaints. Some provided documentation of what they were reporting, but others answered the compliants stating they had requested the deletion of their trade lines months ago.

I then printed and sent those that requested deletions to the CRAs advising them that the time for lazyness and incompetance was over. I gave them 10 days to delete those trade lines. They were gone immediately.

To date, I have 2 negatives on my TU report, 4 negatives on EQ, and 6 negatives on EX. I consider that not too bad for some letter writing.

Please note that all of mine were beyond the SOL and I was in no danger of being sued for them. The few that remain will be gone by March of 2009 provided no one reages their trade line.

My FAKO scores were in the high 400s to low 500s. No idea what my FICO scores were until a couple of months ago. When my FAKOs got close to 600, I pulled my FICOs. The results are shown in my signature.

Hi everyone Newbie and first post!

Thanks Gator and the whole community.

Today, with the inspiration I got from all different posts, I took my head out of the sand and faced " denial" head ON.

It was amazing what a sharp pencil can do compared to a dull mind.

I spent all day calling CC's. I had a script together , asked for a hardship programs. Yes, if your current, no deal, gets better the later I was.

Let's hope in January I can do the same. When I first tried to get my loan because of financial need this coming summer and was denied, I was really stressed out and depressed. I happened upon this site and since I couldn't sleep, read up on lots of things. Still stressed and stuff, I continued the next night and decided to take some action. I wrote a payment to delete letter with an agreement form and also letters to all five places that put inquiries on my CR. Then at six, I headed to the library, printed them off, and sent them, all except the payment to delete letter because I realized I needed to dispute first. Though I did it online, I've seen some people saying that it has worked for them. Both accounts on my CR are closed and have been for a couple of years. The OC I know is a small town bank, so I'm thinking with the holiday season thrown in, they will just be to busy to get to the investigation. As for the CA, I'm thinking the same thing. Documents are probably gone or thrown in a corner somewhere. I've my fingers crossed and praying daily, running it all through my head. Stress still there, but hey, I've got this site and forums to help me get through it so I will have that loan in my bank account come summer when I need it. I mean, I'm graduating then, I need some kind of present.

Hi everyone Newbie and first post!

Thanks Gator and the whole community.

Today, with the inspiration I got from all different posts, I took my head out of the sand and faced " denial" head ON.

It was amazing what a sharp pencil can do compared to a dull mind.

I spent all day calling CC's. I had a script together , asked for a hardship programs. Yes, if your current, no deal, gets better the later I was.

Welcome Doggielover,

The best advice I personally can give you is to browse these forums and read, read, read like there's no tomorrow. There are some excellent posts in here and the stickies are very important to read as they will help you do what you need to in order to fix your credit.