Re aging?

If there was a t/l on my Equifax report for almost 7 years saying the DOFD was 12/01, and now it is 12/08, listing DOFD as 6/02, is this re aging? It is Cap one who is reporting this. I filed an online dipute, and surprise, it came back verified as correct. What do I need to do? Thanks for any insight.

If there was a t/l on my Equifax report for almost 7 years saying the DOFD was 12/01, and now it is 12/08, listing DOFD as 6/02, is this re aging? It is Cap one who is reporting this. I filed an online dipute, and surprise, it came back verified as correct. What do I need to do? Thanks for any insight.

They can't change the DOFD. That would be re-aging. Do you know the actual DOFD? Do you have old bank statements, receipts, etc? If you can't prove your claims, Capital One can say that it was incorrect before and they were just correcting the error.

If you have proof, write a letter to both the CRA and the Capital One.

I'm feeling you dude. I painfully waited for a Cap One account to age off of my EX report (only CRA reporting the account). All through Nov it stated the account would continue reporting until Nov 2008. I checked my report on Dec 1st, and it was changed to saying account would continue reporting through Dec 2008.

I know it's only one more month, but I fired off a letter to EX anyway stating that they have re-aged this account to meet some kind of agenda. Not sure if my bark had any sort of bite, but they immediately showed it as disputed. We'll see what happens.