Attorney for JDB shows 3 hard pull inquiries

Wishmich

If I've read, via search, these forums correctly, a collection attorney (who sued me) for a JDB should not be showing hard pulls on my CR, right? From the time they sued me to the time we settled/paid is six months. During that time, they have three hard pulls. Can they do this and is there anything I can do about it?

I had a credit card thru HSBC. They charged it off. The debt was sold over and over again until Atlantic Credit bought it. They hired a law firm that specializes in collections. The collection lawyer filed suit. Before it came to trial, we negotiated a settlement and paid it. As I looked on the CR, it shows that during that time period, they checked the CR three times. It just seems excessive to me, as well as it being a hard pull instead of a soft pull.

Are there any other details that would make a difference in this?

with it being a credit card collection, they had a permissable purpose. you gave HSBC permission to pull your credit, and that passed to the collection agency, as it was initially a credit transaction started by you, the consumer.

not much you can do about it, unless they pulled mulitple times in a short period of time (ie: 3-4 times a week) to purposly posion your credit.