Kays gone crazy? ya!!!!!!!

I will definitely use it wisely. I will probably go for the trifecta now for util. This is my largest CL now. I have came a long ways in 2 years. When I started my credit repair journey here My scores were in the 500-520 range FICO. Crediters were running credit checks on my cash! lol . Now I feel I have finally achieved freedom from my bad decisions in the past. Everyone here has helped me along this journey. Thank you all! 700 club, you are next on the radar

I will definitely use it wisely. I will probably go for the trifecta now for util. This is my largest CL now. I have came a long ways in 2 years. When I started my credit repair journey here My scores were in the 500-520 range FICO. Crediters were running credit checks on my cash! lol . Now I feel I have finally achieved freedom from my bad decisions in the past. Everyone here has helped me along this journey. Thank you all! 700 club, you are next on the radar

Grats Red!

Kays denied me about a year ago when I applied. My scores are only maybe 5 points better now and I applied today. Approved for 6k!!!!!! I dont understand it, but im lovin it! Maybe they lax their standards come holiday time to get more sales? december is probably the biggest month for jewellery

Given the huge markup in jewelery and the poor sales this year, most credit jewelers will probably approve anyone who can fig up a mirror. They are probably at a profit after six payments.

Given the huge markup in jewelery and the poor sales this year, most credit jewelers will probably approve anyone who can fig up a mirror. They are probably at a profit after six payments.

Yes, I think you're right. I bought my husband a set of diamond earrings (only wanted one - like most men, he wears just one.) I just sent in my next-to-last payment. I feel like I've been paying on that forever. I'm sure they got "paid" months ago.

Anyone want a single 1/3 carat diamond stud?

Just got the 5000 approval today- wondering if I should try for Jareds and JB Robinson- or just stay at this? Anyone ever been turned down for the other two after approval by one?

I was wondering the same thing 2 days ago. Right after I got the Kays approval, I applied for Jared and got the "20 days by mail" BS answer. But it all sorted out today as I got an email from them showing the approval and limit. What was weird is that Jareds didnt sound very nice on the phone at all. I thought I got denied

Found this on the jbrobinson website:

To ensure your application is processed in time for holiday shopping, please submit your Internet application by December 22nd. Internet applications submitted after this date may not be processed before Christmas. For instant credit approval prior to Christmas, please visit a JB Robinson store in your area.

So yes, you can apply online- but if you want instant approval apply at a store- I also heard you get a better credit line in person.

Found this on the jbrobinson website:

To ensure your application is processed in time for holiday shopping, please submit your Internet application by December 22nd. Internet applications submitted after this date may not be processed before Christmas. For instant credit approval prior to Christmas, please visit a JB Robinson store in your area.

So yes, you can apply online- but if you want instant approval apply at a store- I also heard you get a better credit line in person.

The other 2 of the trifecta gave me 6k for a CL, so im sure I get the same from JBR whether im there or sittin at home having a beer and app whoring, lol. Maybe if I opened the 1st sterling account in-store I would have gotten a larger CL? either way, I got 6K so im stoked about it!

• Like 1

I think I'm done for awhile- Im not going for the JBR or Jared's cards- In the past month I've had mixed results:

Cabela's- Denied ( and not sent to WAMU for reconsideration)

Chase- Aprroved 5000 Master Card-

Kay's - Approved 5000 store card

Amazon Visa- unk- 20 day letter

I got a goal to have only 1 inquiry in 2009- In June I plan on applying for a Master Card from my CU- I have a 1000 secured Visa with them- it goes unsecured in June- so if I get denied for the MC, I can use the 1000 to secure one-

waiting til June will give me time to allow my new cards to age at least 6 months.

I think I'm done for awhile- Im not going for the JBR or Jared's cards- In the past month I've had mixed results:

Cabela's- Denied ( and not sent to WAMU for reconsideration)

Chase- Aprroved 5000 Master Card-

Kay's - Approved 5000 store card

Amazon Visa- unk- 20 day letter

I got a goal to have only 1 inquiry in 2009- In June I plan on applying for a Master Card from my CU- I have a 1000 secured Visa with them- it goes unsecured in June- so if I get denied for the MC, I can use the 1000 to secure one-

waiting til June will give me time to allow my new cards to age at least 6 months.

AMEN to that Cap1kid! I'm not going to apply for credit cards for awhile! I know I won't be applying for any credit in 2009; need to let these card age, and continue to pay off my last credit card, and start saving like crazy! :)

Yep! thats exactly why I did it . plus if I need a last minute Xmas gift they got me covered. The trifecta is great for util because it shows as 3 separite TL's on your CR when its actually only 1 shared CL.

Another thing I took into consideration is that when a potential lender looks at your current TL's that are open (CC's for example) they look at your currrent limits and usually dont give you a higher limit than what you currently have as your largest CL. They generally dont like to extend more credit than it shows you can handle responsibly. Having larger limits shows them you are more responsible with availible credit and they are more likely to approve you for a larger limit themselves.

Yep! thats exactly why I did it . plus if I need a last minute Xmas gift they got me covered. The trifecta is great for util because it shows as 3 separite TL's on your CR when its actually only 1 shared CL.

Another thing I took into consideration is that when a potential lender looks at your current TL's that are open (CC's for example) they look at your currrent limits and usually dont give you a higher limit than what you currently have as your largest CL. They generally dont like to extend more credit than it shows you can handle responsibly. Having larger limits shows them you are more responsible with availible credit and they are more likely to approve you for a larger limit themselves.

Ah thanks for the info, b/c I didn't know that. Awesome! Maybe that's why BOA gave me a nice CL on my new credit card! Well, now that's something else to write down in my credit repair book! :) Thanks!