stopping payment to a CA

marjoe

I recently posted on this forum and was pleased with the response. Hopefully you can help again. I am in a battle with a CA like most people on here. I recently decided to file Bankruptcy (got to love Divorces). I had arrangements to pay a CA. They took it out electronicly through my checking account and routing number. I know stupid move. Anyway, I went to the bank and they changed my account number to stop payment. My question is that by doing this is there anything that I did criminaly wrong? I dont think so but you know they have threated to call the State Attorney before. So I just want my bases covered. I sent them a letter stating that I was unable to make the payment and was filing bankruptcy. I live in Florida. If you have to ask anything to get an answer please do, I am all ears.

I suggest you talk with your bankruptcy attorney TODAY.

Once you file for bankruptcy, no one can just take money/payments from you (nor should you keep making any) and the court can compel this CA to return the money.

At this point; it's up to the court to decide who get's what, when and how much.