Snow in Las Vegas

stefdr

It snowed 3 inches in Las Vegas, its snowing in New Orleans and in some counties of L.A.

OK, global warm... no, thats not it. Global cool.. no, can't say that either;

Umm, is it back to 'climate change' again? What is the myth of the week now? I keep losing track.

Why the excessive touchiness? It helps everyone to lighten up if you take the first step.

I guess you would not have liked the Yahoo Answers question about whether Obama was going to paint the White House half black. I'm guessing even he would have appreciated the comments that followed, including the winning answer, because it was a bunch of silliness.

Anyway, to comment on snow... it's 17 degrees here in MD and I want to know: Where's OUR snow????

Why the excessive touchiness? It helps everyone to lighten up if you take the first step.

I guess you would not have liked the Yahoo Answers question about whether Obama was going to paint the White House half black. I'm guessing even he would have appreciated the comments that followed, including the winning answer, because it was a bunch of silliness.

I'm more offended by the yahoo answers question chester brought up than Speedy's comment. What would posess somebody to ask that question on yahoo? Seriously? :roll:

just to clarify a point here...

i voted for the man

my wife voted for the man

we're both happy he's elected

i was poking fun at the red-neck reactionaries who have said "hell will freeze over before a black man is elected."

since then, there have been political cartoons drawn for major papers saying basically the same thing. sometimes humor is the only weapon we have to combat injustice.

lighten up.

I was going to explain humor but I'm glad wdspeedbump did. As for the half-black White House thing on Yahoo - of course I didn't submit the question but it was meant in the same tone described above. I'm guessing the man who described himself as a "mutt" wouldn't have gotten in a lather over it but would have recognized it for the lighthearted parody that it was (sometimes parodying attitudes of others is part of humor. By the way, my answer was - "no, the whole thing will be painted tan.") Sometimes people have to let go of the serious and have some comic relief. It seems that people who won't tolerate a shred of a joke make certain attitudes even worse, because there's a whole world of things we can't say till it gets extreme.

i voted for the man

i was poking fun at the red-neck reactionaries who have said "hell will freeze over before a black man is elected."

since then, there have been political cartoons drawn for major papers saying basically the same thing. sometimes humor is the only weapon we have to combat injustice.

lighten up.

I didn't.

Mine didn't.

Neither of us happy.

Proud to be a redneck.

I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money; you can keep the "change"

I'm guessing the man who described himself as a "mutt" wouldn't have gotten in a lather over it but would have recognized it for the lighthearted parody that it was (sometimes parodying attitudes of others is part of humor.

I'm still a little pissed and offended that he said that about himself but I'm not him so whatever. No need to "explain humor" :lol:, it's just that some things aren't so funny to me. Speedy's comment was funny because I knew what he was talking about.

Now I'm outta here because this thread is so locked. :shock::lol:

i voted for the man

lighten up.

And that is where those commentaries should stay.