So...

Dre

What's everyone up to?

I woke up around 8 am, and finished this book series I have been reading: The Olympians by Rick Rordian. It's like a mix between Harry Potter and Greek Mythology, only difference: The main character - Percy Jackson is a very witty-stubborn kid. So he will stab/kill a monster very quickly, and he doesn't cry :)

Plus being a 3rd grade teacher, I try to read a little few teen books that are interesting, so that I can keep my students interested and engaged in reading without telling them, "YOU MUST READ!!" :)

Went to the gym, Wal-Mart to pick up some draws HA!, socks, and a bandna for my dreads :)

Just chilling at home getting on the web from time to time and watching Dexter.

Next book: Rigged by Ben Mezrich. - Have a good weekend! :)

I woke up at 8:30 am... took my dog out so he could do his business....

came back in and have parked my a$$ right here in front of my computer ever since. It's now 2:41pm... wrote two letters to TU and EX requesting the removal of ancient personal information.

I've also listened to the same play list in my medial player for the last four hours.... lol why, I have no idea.

Right now, I'm eating lunch. When I'm done, I'll get up, let my dog out again and get motivated for the rest of the day.

And that's what I've been up to.

I spent my morning cleaning the house. I steam cleaned the carpet. What a thankless job that is. People just walk on it and get it dirty again. :)

The afternoon the second insurance adjuster came. I'd been dreading that, because the first one missed a lot of the (hurricane) damage. Anyway, I didn't have a temper tantrum, so that means I am optimistic re the results.

Then we hung the new drapes, and put the new dust ruffle

on the bed.

I am LOOKING forward to my book tonight, and actually for the next two weeks (grand daughter and I) will be doing a lot of reading.

No getting up early for two whole weeks. yipee!!!

Squeaker and I went out shopping for the last little few things for Christmas. OMFG it was packed! We didn't need to go to the mall thank goodness...but every road within 5 miles of the mall was slower than molasses in an Alaskan January.

The ice on the roads didn't help.

Went home, I went to work at 4 with no snow on the car....left work at 1030 to 5 inches! Store closed down early becuase of it...and more throughout the night...and Squeaker has to work in the morning! luckily she's from Idaho so she knows how to drive in the stuff..but it's all the other idiots out there who don't wknow what the eff they're doing that worries me.

Other than that, got home and now warm in bed :p

Oh yeah - almost forgot...got new puppy pics too!

Squeaker and I went out shopping for the last little few things for Christmas. OMFG it was packed! We didn't need to go to the mall thank goodness...but every road within 5 miles of the mall was slower than molasses in an Alaskan January.

The ice on the roads didn't help.

Went home, I went to work at 4 with no snow on the car....left work at 1030 to 5 inches! Store closed down early becuase of it...and more throughout the night...and Squeaker has to work in the morning! luckily she's from Idaho so she knows how to drive in the stuff..but it's all the other idiots out there who don't wknow what the eff they're doing that worries me.

Other than that, got home and now warm in bed :p

Oh yeah - almost forgot...got new puppy pics too!

Are you going to posts some of the puppy pics?

5 inches of snow?! I hope one day I see that amount of snow, but living in Texas...I think I have awhile :)

lemme tell ya, esquire, be careful of what you wish for. i grew up in texas wishing i could have a white xmas. after living in iowa for 8 years...you can have 'em.

every new snowfall means shoveling the stuff off the driveway and sidewalks.

if you don't clear your sidewalks, the city comes by and issues a ticket.

my first year in iowa it began snowing on the first day of december, and snowed every..other..day..until february.:?

this year our xmas decorations are amongst the blooming roses and pansies and palms in the flower beds. houston is better.:D it was in the high 70's today.

I have been playing Command and conquer red alert 3 on my PC and the tiberium wars command and conquer..LOL I play my dad who lives in florida...we are losers LOL LOL:)

It snowed here like more than a foot...I am so glad I live in an apt and dont have to plow are use a snowblower!!!!! Thats one benefit of renting...I watch the mantanance guy do all the work out my window!!!

lemme tell ya, esquire, be careful of what you wish for. i grew up in texas wishing i could have a white xmas. after living in iowa for 8 years...you can have 'em.

every new snowfall means shoveling the stuff off the driveway and sidewalks.

if you don't clear your sidewalks, the city comes by and issues a ticket.

my first year in iowa it began snowing on the first day of december, and snowed every..other..day..until february.:?

this year our xmas decorations are amongst the blooming roses and pansies and palms in the flower beds. houston is better.:D it was in the high 70's today.

Oh hell no! I would not want to be shoveling snow! HA! I might workout a lot and look athletic, but I don't mess around with too much labor work; especially, if it has anything to do with me being outside in extreme cold weather. :) I'll stick with Texas for awhile :)

Okay... I forgot to mention... Late Saturday afternoon I had the Date From Hell.

At the end of the date this guy asks me if I want to go out. Hell no - not with him. So I told him I was headed to my friend's house and he says "Mind if I tag along?". I said, "well, yes I do mind. I haven't seen my friend in months and I'm going to spend some time with her."

He got this dejected look on his face like I just kicked him in the gut. I can't handle needy, smothering people like that.

On the way to my friend's house (a 30 minute drive) he managed to call my cell phone twice. Once I got there, he called six more times. He left 8 messages. I never even bothered to answer the phone. Drove me nuts. He's called three times today. Finally I answered the phone and told him that I don't like control freaks, and while the date was okay (huge exaggeration), I'm not interested. He started trying to convince me that "it would work out". Huh? What would work out? We had one date and he's trying to talk like I'm his girlfriend.

Sheesh! Guess I have my own personal stalker now..... how fun! At least I know if he keeps it up, my friend's hubby said he'd gladly "get the point across" that I wasn't interested.

My friend, her hubby and I watched the Ravens kick the crap out of the Cowboys (yay!!!) and sat around shooting the s*&t and having a few beers.