Had To Get A New Check Card

Ravenous Wolf

My wife and I were running some errands. We were in her mini-van and I know she used the check card for a couple of things.

Shortly after we get home, she can't find the check card.

She looks everywhere in the mini-van and in her purse but can't find it. So after a short while, she calls up the 1-800 number to report it lost. About an hour later, she finds the check card. It is in the front of the van in the little compartment above the radio. She did the right thing because if in doubt, just report it as lost.

We only have one check card and that helps us reduce friviolous spending. But it was a real pain to wait a week for a new one to arrive in the mail.

That's what happened with me and my credit card. Though, my credit card had slipped through the seat and was in the back of the car on the floor.

Play it safe instead of being sorry later.

That's absolutely right!!!

The moment that my wife determined that she couldn't find the check card, she called up the bank right away. Even though she found it an hour later, she still did the right thing. That is something that you have to play it safe...

• 2 weeks later...
That's absolutely right!!!

The moment that my wife determined that she couldn't find the check card, she called up the bank right away. Even though she found it an hour later, she still did the right thing. That is something that you have to play it safe...

...it won't take too long for you to receive the new one.

My debit card disappeared once after a day of shopping and running errands too. My husband and I both have cards but I pay for everything when we shop together.

So after a frantic search, we found MY card in HIS wallet. I had given him mine because I had it in my pocket already to go. We both had forgotten that he stuck the card and the receipt in his wallet.

Phew! I tell ya. This getting older is for the birds! The brain doesn't function like it used to sometimes...