Financial Goals for 2009

whocares

Paying attention to where the money goes and increasing amount going to savings are the two that I've already started.

Personal goals: Loose 12 more pounds and learn Spanish. Basically these are the two same goals I've had for the last 3 years. But I will tackle both of these in 2009!

You Rock J, you can do it!!!!:)++

Finish paying off my small CL cards

Save up a little more for a down payment on a new vehicle

Shift focus to paying off the 3 big CL cards I have

Join the 700 club....very close to that one.

Keep saving money

Make very minimal use of my CC's

Get a couple prime CC's mid year or so

It's very easy to live below your means....Just don't spend.

A plan is very important, what makes it easy for me is quicken software, I can download all my banking and CC info into one program...it helps track where I spend.

BUT this bugs me....upgrading customers to XP Professional???

Who is upgrading to pro from what??? Please say VISTA...:mrgreen:

I started using quicken...of course, using VISTA, I can't do any upgrades to it or Office 2007 or it will cause my quicken 2009 to stop working!

We were upgrading a Dr's office to XP Pro...they were using XP Home! But the medical program they are using has upgrades and will no longer work with Home...so ugrades they need (oh and one Vista machine...we still called it an Upgrade haha).

Our goals for 2009 -

IF we sell our other house, we can pay off all but one of our debts!!

Then, maybe we could get a construction loan to finish our house. It is about half-way done right now.

But, if the house does not sell, we may end up in another house, the poor house... because of all this debt we are carrying! :-(

Wow thats alot of goals, easier than you think.....and good luck on the bar.

You will be great at what you do, as long as you do whats in your heart. :rolleyes:

Thanks. And it helps that my wife makes almost exactly what I make. I posted our joint goals....they are completely unrealistic for me on my own!

I might have to ratchet down our yearly goal though. Decided to take a two month leave of absence from work so I can study for the bar. It'll hurt financially, but can't risk not passing the bar.

• 1 month later...
Ok whats your financial outlook for 2009. Heres my plan.

I am now saving in a 501K from work, they match some of my contributions. DONE!!!! Now saving 4% and the company contributes 3%

I need to get more financially stable in the shop. We are planning on some repairs to the building. We would like to add a video game arcade. We want to have pinball and older games like pac-man. Still have this one on the back burner, First things First.

The shops sales increased very nicely in 2008. I started my 4th year in business in November. The shop added movie and game rentals. They are coming along well. Movie business is growing!!!

We are also planning on opening another store in the building...we are looking at baby/consignment. This will be a business my daughter wants to run.

I will not be involved with this. UMMM maybe a coffee shop instead...

I would like to get some repairs done at the house as well.

I would like to build an emergency fund. YES!!!! I'm so proud I opened an online savings account with HSBC!!!

I plan on closing at least 2 cards. I am about 1 1/2 years in repair and have done well. I want to reduce the number of accounts to keep track on and I should lose most of my inquiries in 2009. WAMU/CHASE was just the start I needed...

I want to reduce my liability to debt.

Whats yout plan?:rolleyes:

Hows everyone doing on their goals????

I am now saving in a 501K from work, they match some of my contributions. DONE!!!! Now saving 4% and the company contributes 3%

I would like to build an emergency fund. YES!!!! I'm so proud I opened an online savings account with HSBC!!!

I plan on closing at least 2 cards. I am about 1 1/2 years in repair and have done well. I want to reduce the number of accounts to keep track on and I should lose most of my inquiries in 2009. WAMU/CHASE was just the start I needed...

Good job!!!! So you closed up WAMU? I'm thinking of doing the same.

Do you like your online savings account? I have one with Patelco and also with Penfed and I really don't use them.

Good job!!!! So you closed up WAMU? I'm thinking of doing the same. Yes I did a balance transfer to HSBC weekend card, got 0% interest on transfers and purchases for the first year, 143.99 after that...HSBC has been good to me

This was caused by the Chase rate jacking in my other thread...

Do you like your online savings account? I have one with Patelco and also with Penfed and I really don't use them.

I am going to try to save 5000.00 dollars this year...So it's convienient, they can automatically transfer funds for me...

BTW I like the new picture, Your so cute!!!:mrgreen:

I am going to try to save 5000.00 dollars this year...So it's convienient, they can automatically transfer funds for me...

BTW I like the new picture, Your so cute!!!:mrgreen:

Thanks a bunch Whocares!!!! ***bigh hug***

I'm going to look into the online savings account thing so I'll have to check HSBC out.

Thanks! :)

• 5 weeks later...

How is everyone doing on their goals???

I just checked I saved about 300 in cash stashed in the house...I need to finish paying the shop taxes...

I did close WAMU/chase and it feels good

We are working on our other house to sell...hopefully we will be done by summer.

Been saving money buying at the local thrift shop, and work shirts from work for 3.00 each, I wear them only to work, saves my good clothes...I did get 3 nice pair of Levi's for 2.00 a pair.

I did not replace the caddy with another car, I bought an older truck for work and saved on insurance big time. I drive 40 miles each way on dirt roads so a nice car will have to wait.

I bought 2 new tires for the truck today with cash...

All my bills for April are paid and I plan another round of payments for next paycheck...I want to have them all gone by summer.

Please update your status!!!:rolleyes:

Original goals:

• Get all cards paid off by end of 2009 and close what I do not need.
  • Be able to raise 401k contribution 1% by end of the year.
  • Keep atleast 1k in bank account at all times.
  • Be debt free by end of year (except mortgage)

Well let's see. The "keep 1k in bank account" goal is being met. I don't think the "be debt free except for mortgage" goal will be met. I'm having to shell out almost 5 grand in dental expenses so that's kind of hurt all of my goals in a big way but I'm still thinking positive!

How is everyone doing on their goals???

I just checked I saved about 300 in cash stashed in the house...I need to finish paying the shop taxes...

I did close WAMU/chase and it feels good

We are working on our other house to sell...hopefully we will be done by summer.

Been saving money buying at the local thrift shop, and work shirts from work for 3.00 each, I wear them only to work, saves my good clothes...I did get 3 nice pair of Levi's for 2.00 a pair.

I did not replace the caddy with another car, I bought an older truck for work and saved on insurance big time. I drive 40 miles each way on dirt roads so a nice car will have to wait.

I bought 2 new tires for the truck today with cash...

All my bills for April are paid and I plan another round of payments for next paycheck...I want to have them all gone by summer.

Please update your status!!!:rolleyes:

Sounds like you are doing great!