CA said my 30 days expired after I requested validation

I received first notice dated dec 1, 08 stating that their client has authorized them to commence a lawsuit against me. I sent them a Certified letter on 12/8/08 requesting validation. Received letter today dated 12/16/08 stating :

" As set forth in our initial debt validation letter, you had 30 days from receipt of same to dispute the debt and to request validation. We did not receive any correspondence disputing the debt within this time period. As, such we are under no obligation to provide validation at this time."

I never received any letter prior to this one and wonder if they have to prove that they sent something? I would hope that they would have to prove delivery of letter just as I did when I sent certified. Any suggestions what my approach could be?

I have the letter that they sent me dated December 1, 08 and I have copy of letter that I sent them with the cmrr green card. I have received nothing else from them. I replied ASAP to the letter they sent me. If I would of received the first letter that they said I got I would of replied. I fractured my neck and became disabled but still keep up on things. I was surprised when I got the reply saying my 30 days was up.

Thanks for your help!:)

I have no clue how to write an answer. I am so confused and stressed. Like I said I fractured my neck and I know that I can not go to court but need to respond, but have no clue on what to write.

You have to answer to summons and file it with the court and the attorney. This is standard procedure with court cases.

Forget about the issues with the first DV. You will now request documents via the discovery process.

Do a search for answer to a summons/complaint. This comes up almost daily. Depending on your situation, most people will simply deny all allegations in the complaint. You also need to think of defenses for your case. After you submit your answer, you will get a court date.

But more importantly, please calm down and watch your health. No need to get sick over this.

HSBC as succesor in interest to direct merchant credit: Later in summons it says:\4. Plantiffs precessor in interest, direct merchant credit card bank (hereinafter "original creditor"0 offered to open a credit card account in the defendants name

7. The original creditor sold the account, including all rights, title and interest in and to the outstanding balance owed by the defendant, and plantiff is now the owner and assignee of the account.

This was just taped to my door. no envelope in plan view! I am glad my daughter found it though I am embarrased. It is not signed in the signiture part and does have the notice saying This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt....

Thanks so much everyone.

Who is the CA?

Thank you for taking the time to help. I am going to try and enjoy my holiday and work on the answer.

Do a search for answer to a summons/complaint. This comes up almost daily. Depending on your situation, most people will simply deny all allegations in the complaint. You also need to think of defenses for your case. After you submit your answer, you will get a court date.

But more importantly, please calm down and watch your health. No need to get sick over this.

• 3 weeks later...