Identity Theft And Arbitration

mysticalpassenger

Last year I came back to United States and found out that my personal information was and credit cards were used including new credit cards that I did not even apply. I took all the necessary steps, filed the police report, notify the credit bureaus, filed disputes, sent letters. It has been on huge freaking nightmare. Fortunately, I am almost done with all the fraudulent reportings on my credit report. I have worked very hard on daily basis to get rid of this off my back.

One of the creditors sold one of the accounts to some Law Firm. I have sent them all the documents to support the claim that I was not in the Country when the account was opened and that I did not open the account. Apparently, the account was opened over the phone. The Law Firm took me to Arbitration, actually hired the Abritrator as well. I had to hire a lawyer and we sent all the supporting documents to the Arbitrator. Me and my lawyer were very confident that would win the case.

Recently, I found out that the Arbitrator ruled in the favor of the Creditor. I am not happy with the decision. I am here to ask you guys what to do next? I cannot be responsible for something I did not do. What are my options. Any sort of advice and help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Arbitrators are a joke. Just a way for the creditor to try to get what they want by denying you your rights in court.

It seems to me that by ignoring the police report and forcing arbitration on you, they've broken the law.

Since the account was fraudulent they can't hold you to the contract terms and force arbitration down your throat like they try with actual account holders.

Maybe someone with more experience on this end can chime in, but it sounds like they need to be reported to your state AG for one, and possibly sued for this.

My attroney is suffering from bone cancer. He is a wonderful human being and I am very much sad about his illness. I am trying to get as much information as possible on it.

My lawyer told me that Arbitrator's ruling is final and there can be no appeal. I contacted another organization and they told me that my lawyer messed up by going for Arbitratration and instead of fighting the Arbitration itself and that I should sue my own lawyer. Come on...the guy is suffering with cancer now and I do not want to create something that we both don't want to deal with. I want to find a way to challenge this Arbitration judgement because it's a crap. I have police report, id theft affidavit and several letters of discharge from credit grantors. PLEASE ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a great way! In many locales there is a TV news station that has "Joe" on-your-side.....

Contact them. Show them your documents, the company who took you to arbitration and the NAME of the arbitrator.....let this be exposed on TV. They will be so embarrassed that they will be quick to correct it.:mrgreen:8-)