Spouse Opened CC's without my knowledge...

chewy_fett

That pretty much says it. Spouse opened up two CC's and maxed them out to the tune of about $20k without my knowing. I have already paid off her CC debt from last time she went on a CC spree of about $50k and I refuse to do it again and I want these off my credit.

Can anyone advise what options we have and what possible consequences would come about if I just called the CC company and told them I had nothing to do with opening these?

I did search through the forums but never really came across something that spoke to this, unless I overlooked of course...

Thanks all!

Some times Marriage bites you in the butt. I think what’s hers is yours... I really do not think there is any thing you can do, it is not like you can sue your wife... Not to sound like a total a$$ maybe a divorce, if my partner did that to me twice I would seriously think twice. Although if she opened these accounts fraudulently under your name with out you knowing.

That pretty much says it. Spouse opened up two CC's and maxed them out to the tune of about $20k without my knowing. I have already paid off her CC debt from last time she went on a CC spree of about $50k and I refuse to do it again and I want these off my credit.

Can anyone advise what options we have and what possible consequences would come about if I just called the CC company and told them I had nothing to do with opening these?

I did search through the forums but never really came across something that spoke to this, unless I overlooked of course...

Thanks all!

There is nothing you can do.You should pay for that and pay for what is coming in the future too.Some times the love bites too.Treasure hunting on the bed cost a lot be Brave because she is your life partner.

I spent 11 years 'fixing' the excessive spending of my ex-H. I took him off the bank accts to control it.....and he literally wrote a check, signed my name (to a gambling place)....the check bounced and the guy threatened to report it to the Constable. He opened CC accts and never paid one thin dime on them. Honestly, at one point (post divorce) he had me pull a CR on him and there was NOTHING but collection accts!

So why did I say all this.......?

You can spend the rest of your life doing this or realize she isn't going to change and move on with your life.

I stayed figuring that I could control the situation....I was wrong and get this.....in the end this man cost me over a half million dollars.

My DD ended up marrying a guy just like him. After a few tearful phone calls asking to help pay their rent....and some blunt conversations about her marriage.....she divorced the guy. She now is debt free except for her car payment and she has $6K in the bank.

You need to be honest with yourself about your marriage and decide for yourself what you are willing to pay for to keep this woman.