Judgement deleted on EQ but C/O remain how can I get them deleted?

marissart

I sent a letter to Equifax re: a judgement, and 2 charge offs CMRRR. I got a response that the judgement has been deleted from the credit file. However, the 2 charge offs remain. I stated in the letter that "tradeline inaccurate. Please delete". Now what do I do? I need these 2 charge offs off my report. Should I dispute the high balances, the dates that they were opened or should I just let them go and stay on? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have not contacted the OC. Should I do that? I know that the C/O is mine. I just thought I might be able to get it off because it has been like 4 years and thought they didn't keep very good records. There was no CA. It went straight from cap 1 to lawyer to judgement. However the judgement was removed and we did pay the debt.

So now my TU investigation report came back. They did take off a tax lein that wasn't even mine but they left the judgement and charge offs. EQ already removed the judgement. Why would one CRA remove a listing and another leave it on? We hope to buy a new home within the next year and I don't know that we can get financed with these three things on there. Thanks again for any help.

"...Why would one CRA remove...and another leave it on..."

The CRA's are separate businesses. They don't compare notes or Consumer Files. When you dispute something, each repository 'verifies' the disputed data through their own channels. If their records match up, the item stays, if it doesn't, the item gets suppressed. Despite your initial experience, it's notoriously difficult to get legitimate Public Records removed from your CR.

Be aware that the judgment still exists, even if it's not listed on one, or all 3, CR's. You didn't mention if the judgment had been paid, was resolved or is still outstanding. Judgments impact title (deed) to real property. Depending on laws of your state (where you hope to purchase a home) this item may impact title during the recording of your mortgage & note. This is exactly the situation mortgage lenders hope to prevent by searching your CR for Public Records and by using a Title Company, or Real Estate Attorney, to search PR's for the subject property. Getting your judgment suppressed off of your CR won't prevent the damage once you actually purchase a house. You may wish to do some more research and get this resolved instead of just hidden from view.

Good. At least you don't have to scrap the money together now.

Legal items require their legal disposition. For a judgment, that's either a Satisfaction of Judgment or an Order to Vacate Judgment. The latter is preferable and allows you to fight for removal from your CR. Since it's paid, you may wish to investigate (your state's laws, your county's procedures, etc) to see if a Vacate is possible. The plaintiff may just sign off. If a Vacate isn't possible or not easily accomplished, you must get a Satisfaction. Typically, you would pay an additional fee to get the disposition recorded at your county Recorders office/department/section. But one tactic involves NOT having the document recorded, since this tends to glue it permanently to your CR. You then continue to dispute and hope that your success at EQ is repeated. Keep the Satisfaction or Order to Vacate with your important papers for the life of the judgment, just in case you need to prove it's been resolved.