My Mom's Name is in My Mail? Stolen Identity?

dealmaker

Hi,

Around 1 month ago, I received a mail addressed to my mom to my Apt, but my mom doesn't live here. I didn't open the mail, but it looks like it has something to do with

Bose (electronics) advertisement. I just wrote something like "no such person lives here" on the envelope and put it back to the mail box.

So my question is how does Bose know that I am related to her, and how did they connect her name with my apt address? My mom never uses my address. But I still receive some other junk mail addressed to me to my mom's place which was where I used to live 3 years ago.

Is it possible that someone stole her and my identities and tried to use her name and my address to do something illegal?

Thanks.

We both did, and we didn't see any thing wrong unless we missed something.

Is it possible that credit report missed something? What if someone try to use my mom's name and my address to co-sign a purchase or even mortgage? Or they just use it to apply for loan? Does credit report show them all? Is it possible that the marketing company still get her name and my address when the identity fraud attempt failed?

Thanks.

Pull credit reports on both of you and look for unrecognized accts and/or inquiries you (or mom) didn't authorize. That should answer your question.