Question for you biz owners...

DocDon

I was thinking of getting into smuggling. :lol:

I have no problem jumping through the hoops, but I know there's a lot of entities out there that are looking to do nothing more than take your money for a bunch of false promises.

Given I don't have that much downtime and can only get online at truck stops that have wi-fi, I wouldn't mind utilizing the services of a reputable company that will help make sure I have all my duck in a row - so I can smuggle them more efficiently. :)++

When we were in business, we used a small local accounting firm that also had a lawyer on the payroll. They handled everything from incorporating to looking after our taxes.

I wonder if any of the big firms have speciality divisions for truckers? I'd be leary of someone I found on the internet...unless I knew six guys already using them...

Given I don't have that much downtime and can only get online at truck stops that have wi-fi, I wouldn't mind utilizing the services of a reputable company that will help make sure I have all my duck in a row - so I can smuggle them more efficiently.

I don't know what the past court verdicts have been but just about any criminal act, except drugs, is tax deductable. There is even a section on the long form where you can declare income made from illegal activity.

I remember that in my tax law class in college. There are a lot of constitutional questions that arise which is why just about everything, except drugs, can be deducted. However, since I haven't kept up with that in years I don't know what the courts have rendered.