Approved for Sears but low CL, Should I keep it ?

I have been looking to buy a refrigerator and my choices are Home Depot, Lowes and Sears. I decided on Lowes because they have the frig I want in stock and they are running a special on appliances. I already have a Home Depot CC with a $6,500 CL but I have $1,500 on it and I didn't want to have half the CC full for utilization reasons so I applied online for Lowes and they gave me the " we will email you and answer in 4 days " response. I then applied at Sears and I was instantly approved for $800 but the frig I want is $1,200 and they wouldn't increase the CL when I called them. Other than a frig from Sears I never shop there so should I just call and cancel this CC ? I don't want another new account if I'm not going to use it. Any help is appreciated :)

keep it open.

I work for Sears, they will start you out low, but it goes up rather quickly over time.

hell, they only gave me 500 on both the reg. card and the sears mastercard, and i freeking work there!

they use Citibank

apply for the other sears card, you will get approved, and still get the 24 months no interest on the fridge if you split the cost between the 2 sears cards.

keep it open.

I work for Sears, they will start you out low, but it goes up rather quickly over time.

hell, they only gave me 500 on both the reg. card and the sears mastercard, and i freeking work there!

they use Citibank

apply for the other sears card, you will get approved, and still get the 24 months no interest on the fridge if you split the cost between the 2 sears cards.

Wow !! Thanks Focus I guess I'll do that ! Thanks again :) I just worry about immediately maxing out a CC and expecting a CLI with a maxed out CC !

I have been looking to buy a refrigerator and my choices are Home Depot, Lowes and Sears. I decided on Lowes because they have the frig I want in stock and they are running a special on appliances. I already have a Home Depot CC with a $6,500 CL but I have $1,500 on it and I didn't want to have half the CC full for utilization reasons so I applied online for Lowes and they gave me the " we will email you and answer in 4 days " response. I then applied at Sears and I was instantly approved for $800 but the frig I want is $1,200 and they wouldn't increase the CL when I called them. Other than a frig from Sears I never shop there so should I just call and cancel this CC ? I don't want another new account if I'm not going to use it. Any help is appreciated :)

I'm sorry, is the $1500 on your Home Depot card your balance or your available credit? If it is your balance and you purchase the frig and that brings your balance to about $3000, that is not even half of the $6500 CL.

Also, if you are concerned about utilization, maybe you can take advantage of balance transfers?

I'm sorry, is the $1500 on your Home Depot card your balance or your available credit? If it is your balance and you purchase the frig and that brings your balance to about $3000, that is not even half of the $6500 CL.

Also, if you are concerned about utilization, maybe you can take advantage of balance transfers?

It would be about the balance your right Scorch. I honestly do not have a prime CC with a good interest rate. I have a Circuit City Visa with a $7,000 CL but all my other CC's had their CL decreased. I have two Amex CC's with like $1,500 on them and two Junipers with $3,000 and $1,300 CL. I just wish I could get a good CC with a good CL and interest rate. My Credit scores are not that bad and all I have is paid medical CA left as my only neg. I make good money and my debt/income ratio is around 40% but I have a lot of school loans ! Oh well I might drop this Sears CC and the funny thing is that I still have no inquiry showing on my CR from Sears ! :confused:

Sometimes a sales rep can get your CLI, depending on what you buy...

BTW I would avoid Sears at all cost, they will be a bitch to shake if you default...I still get CA's calling after 20 years

Good luck to ya

Whocares just curious but why is Sears hard to shake ? I mean I have other Citi CC's and wouldn't they all be hard to shake ? I don't plan on screwing up but just wondering if Sears is just different from other Citi CC's ?

You mentioned you were not wanting to put it on your card with the $6500 CL because that would put you at 50% utilization. If that's the case, why would you consider getting a new CC with a much lower limit that would put you at an even worse utilization if you used it? Just a thought.

Exactly why I should not keep this CC ! I was expecting a CL of at least $2-$3K with my credit scores and salary but I got $800 which if you want to buy tools is great but not great for big items ! :)

Sears was not even part of Citi when I had my account...but when I applied at Citi for a card, Not knowing Citi bought Sears.. Sears CA's came put of the woodwork again, this account is over 20 years old.

The called and mailed and generally harassed me until I sent Asset a FOAD letter.

I have never had a citi card and never will now...I don't know if it's any different than any other citi cards...

It JMHO

Sears was not even part of Citi when I had my account...but when I applied at Citi for a card, Not knowing Citi bought Sears.. Sears CA's came put of the woodwork again, this account is over 20 years old.

The called and mailed and generally harassed me until I sent Asset a FOAD letter.

I have never had a citi card and never will now...I don't know if it's any different than any other citi cards...

It JMHO

It JMHO

Sears isnt part of Citi, its just that Citibank bought the sears cards some time ago.

Back in the day, when Sears owned their own cards (as well as owning Discover, from what I was told), they were very adament about trying to get payment on deliquent accounts.

Now Sears does not own their own credit cards, like most companies, they farm them out to other banks and let them deal with deliquent stuff.