RROJAS

I must be a NEWBIE!!!!!!

Well I sent my 7 Desputes to all 3 CRA's and all 5 DV to the CA's. Unfortunately my Experian letters came back "Unable to locate address". I corrected it and mailed them back out. Is this going to mess up my response letters b/c of the difference in time?

Also (1) DV letter came back same thing. I checked the address and its the correct one. Can I send that proof of mailing and returned letter to CRA's to delete?

Thanks in advance,

NEWBIE....

Well I sent my 7 Desputes to all 3 CRA's and all 5 DV to the CA's. Unfortunately my Experian letters came back "Unable to locate address". I corrected it and mailed them back out. Is this going to mess up my response letters b/c of the difference in time?

Also (1) DV letter came back same thing. I checked the address and its the correct one. Can I send that proof of mailing and returned letter to CRA's to delete?

Thanks in advance,

NEWBIE....

RROJAS have you pulled all 3 CRA's? If so, make sure all of your address are corrected and it's showing your updated address. Before attempting to clean up your credit it, you have to clean up your personal information. That is names, address and so forth.

Yes. i have pulled all (3) reports. The adresses are correct on the reports.

The letters came back unable to locate the CA and Experian. I found the correct address for Experian. But I have no idea why the Collection Agenties letter came back. Thats the only address for them. Can I request to delete b/c theres no way for them to verify debt?

The letters came back unable to locate the CA and Experian. I found the correct address for Experian. But I have no idea why the Collection Agenties letter came back. Thats the only address for them. Can I request to delete b/c theres no way for them to verify debt?

You should always request to delete first. Before anything. You'll get lucky sometimes and get them deleted.

Search for the CA and go to their website and find the address there.

You should always request to delete first. Before anything. You'll get lucky sometimes and get them deleted.

This would be the case for a CA but NOT the OC correct? I read on the main CIC site that in order to do a DV on an OC, where it hasn't reached a CA yet, you must first do the dispute through the CRA in order to have any legal grounds for yourself later. Am I wrong?

This would be the case for a CA but NOT the OC correct? I read on the main CIC site that in order to do a DV on an OC, where it hasn't reached a CA yet, you must first do the dispute through the CRA in order to have any legal grounds for yourself later. Am I wrong?

Sorta wrong, ok wrong but right idea. You can't DV an OC, DV is in conjunction with FDCPA the act of collecting. Dealing with OC you would request a 623 investigation but you have to be specific as to what you want an invetigation of. You were correct in that you have to dispute with CRA first, a 623 investigation is part of the FCRA and addresses DF.