Lowes told me to dispute with the FCRA ? What ?

tmac01

I know I've been a member for a few years and have many posts but I have never heard of this. Lowes denied me a CC only because I just bought a new home and the address did not match my old address on EX. I asked them if they could delete the inq. and they said no that I would have to dispute it with the FCRA. Now of course I have disputed with the 3 CRA's but I have never heard of disputing with the FCRA. They gave me their phone # and address. Is this even worth my time and has anyone else done this ? They also told me that I could update all my personal information with all 3 credit bureaus directly through the FCRA ! Any help is appreciated :)

I've heard this from a number of places like Old Navy, it's like some canned shpeel that I don't buy.

I think we should be able to report them for some impropriety to the BBB etc. Why does the burden all fall back on us to clean up their mess?

On that note, when you change your address etc, it's a good idea to update the 3 CRA info.

I've heard this from a number of places like Old Navy, it's like some canned shpeel that I don't buy.

I think we should be able to report them for some impropriety to the BBB etc. Why does the burden all fall back on us to clean up their mess?

On that note, when you change your address etc, it's a good idea to update the 3 CRA info.

Hilarious ! I looked up this address and its TU ! What I find funny is that Lowes has the nerve to tell me they cannot remove the Inq. :mrgreen: LOL !!!! Capt.

I will update with all 3 CRS's I just hate that I have 1 deleted SOL CA from Midland and they keep sending me letters trying to settle. Its past the SOL and it just fell off my CR one day. I thought I could finally rid them of mail. Oh Well ! :)